MMI 2G - Looks like Android cable but how does it work !!!

Stewart Townsend

Reaction score
Hi

So I have this cable in the car and its an Android type connection, Ive plugged in my android tablet and hoping it would just work but to no avail, tried a mobile phone which the cable charges but couldnt see anything.

Does the cable only work with certain phones/tablets ?
Am I missing something here ?
Can I swop this cable for one that will work with my iPhone 6 ?

(Ive enabled Aux in the green menu but this is after I tested with mates android phone, I only have a Android tablet)

Thanks

Stewart

Attachments

• IMG_6762.JPG
    IMG_6762.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 569
When you go into the media menu (CD/TV) what options do you see?

Hi B5NUT

Attached a picture of whats in the menu.

Stewart

Attachments

• IMG_6763.JPG
    IMG_6763.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 553
OK, and you enabled AUX. That cable will be for charging only, the last owner has most likely hacked into the 12v of the lighter socket to feed power to that cable. You can buy aftermarket AUX unit for around £100, or you could buy an Audi AMI module or Dension Gateway 500 and that would enable you connect your iphone and control via the MMI.

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread - but what do I need to add to my car to enable music on my iPhone to be played through the speakers? I believe I have MMI 2G!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

search for Audi Music Interface (you need the MOST version) or Dension Gateway 500.

Thanks again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK, and you enabled AUX. That cable will be for charging only, the last owner has most likely hacked into the 12v of the lighter socket to feed power to that cable. You can buy aftermarket AUX unit for around £100, or you could buy an Audi AMI module or Dension Gateway 500 and that would enable you connect your iphone and control via the MMI.

Hi I recently bought a 2005 Audi a6 2.0tdi I don't have the auxiliary as seen in the pic above. I want to listen to music through my Samsung s6. How can I do this please??
Thanks in advance

The MMI 2G system never had a functioning AUX port, that was enabled in the software but it was never implemented in hardware.

The only way to get an AUX is with an additional module like an AMI or Dension GW500 (BT) to add Ipod/USB/AUX/BT

The MMI 2G system never had a functioning AUX port, that was enabled in the software but it was never implemented in hardware.

The only way to get an AUX is with an additional module like an AMI or Dension GW500 (BT) to add Ipod/USB/AUX/BT

Cheers which is better AMI or the dension. Are they expensive to get fitted pal?. Thanks again for your help I appreciate it!!

Cheers which is better AMI or the dension. Are they expensive to get fitted pal?. Thanks again for your help I appreciate it!!

The MOST AMI modules will fit & work on any MMI 2G system. Personally believe AMI is better.

A8 D3 MMI fit?

I happen to have one for sale.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Will it fit my
The MOST AMI modules will fit & work on any MMI 2G system. Personally believe AMI is better.

How much do u want for it mate. Do u have everything I need to set it up. And you said most of the ami will work. ? I kinda need to be sure pal. Cause I don't wanna get caught for something that won't work pal

If your unsure best do your own research, there are lots of threads on here and plenty if you search on google.

A 2005 A6 will probably need a software update for an AMI to work.
It only works for an A6 with MMI 2G high and colour screen
The A8/Q7/A4/A5/A6 2G AMI's are all the same and will fit but required some work to the glovebox to install it alongside the 6 CD changer.

Personally, although I like the AMI, connecting the phone to the AUX cable each time will be a pain as it will be located in the passenger glovebox.

Maybe a better option would be a Dension GW500S BT, which provides the same functions but also has bluetooth music streaming and a bluetooth phone if you do not have one already.

Again the SW of the MMI should be updated to ensure correct operation.

PS: Please stop calling everyone pal, I don't know about other people but it annoys me.

To do a s
A 2005 A6 will probably need a software update for an AMI to work.
It only works for an A6 with MMI 2G high and colour screen
The A8/Q7/A4/A5/A6 2G AMI's are all the same and will fit but required some work to the glovebox to install it alongside the 6 CD changer.

Personally, although I like the AMI, connecting the phone to the AUX cable each time will be a pain as it will be located in the passenger glovebox.

Maybe a better option would be a Dension GW500S BT, which provides the same functions but also has bluetooth music streaming and a bluetooth phone if you do not have one already.

Again the SW of the MMI should be updated to ensure correct operation.

PS: Please stop calling everyone pal, I don't know about other people but it annoys

Thanks for the info. With the risk of sounding stupid how do I don't a software update? Do I go to audi to get it done? I'll have a look into the dension then if I can get a software update done

My AMI works, you just unplug your CD changer and plug this in.
Done.

It's missing the connection cable for your device in to the AMI.
You can pick these up off eBay cheap enough.
I paid £15 for mine and you can get BT ones now for a bit more.

£250 for the AMI

I have an A8. Out of my way peasants!!

Hi, sorry to jump on this thread, but do u still have the ami for sale and what is the best you'll take for it?