1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mk1 TT QS Depreciation?

thesmileyone May 5, 2012

1. thesmileyone

thesmileyone Active Member Gold Supporter Audi A3

As much as I like my 8P a3 tdi, I am thinking of, in a few months, upgrading to a TT Quattro Sport (in black, i like subtle).

I would need to spend around £9750 to get a good black 40k mile one thats been looked after. My car is worth around 5k, so wont be too expensive of an upgrade, so will buy it in cash.

I am wondering what is going to happen in the form of depreciation? Are values going to massivley drop soon, I dont want to buy one for £10k to find they are only worth £6k in 12 months?

Also, as a quick check, is the QS any different to the 225 when it comes to big turbo kits? Will it be a problem if I came into some cash and decided to fit a gt35R or something like that?

2. dzTT

dzTT Active Member

I would highly doubt that the QS qill depreciate by that much in all honesty. I know there is a New TT planned for 2013/14 but i dont think it will affect the QS as it is a rare edition.

The engine, if im not mistaken, is pretty much the same as the TT 225 with only it having a sublte map change taking it to 240 standard.

Dazz