1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mixing and matching arbs?

N4th4n90 Mar 14, 2013

1. N4th4n90

N4th4n90 Member

Hi guys,

Wondering what people's thoughts are on this. I've been offered a rear Eibach arb for a really good price. Problem is, I can't seem to source a front one unless I buy the pair for circa £300. I can only find H&R or Whiteline fronts sold separately.

Opinions?

Thanks in advance,
    Nath

2. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo 6+1 Gears Bronze Supporter Audi A3

H&R are fine. I had H&R on front and rear (26/24) and were very good. I took them off to sell the car but I've changed my mind and I'll put them back

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

No issues mixing afaik as long as you fit the corresponding bars as in for the right engine, gearbox, fwd or 4wd etc.

4. N4th4n90

N4th4n90 Member

Cool, thanks guys. Will get it all ordered!!

5. c_w

c_w Well-Known Member

Don't forget you can also tune the car with mixing ARBs and not uprating one or other. Just fitting an uprated rear bar will give the car more turn-in and you might actually like it just like that!

6. N4th4n90

N4th4n90 Member

Hmm, interesting point. I did consider this, as I've also heard the front one can be a pita to fit!

7. A3SBQ

A3SBQ A3 SportBack 2TFSI quattro DSG

Hi. Can you explain this? I am thinking of this and have already installed the Haldex Gen4 performance controller and KW's
    I need to reduce the understeer. Would updated/adjustable lower front steering suspension help like the supalloy?

Sorry for the hijack.

8. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Audi S3 DSG

Which kW setup did you use?
    To my mind,the Haldex is probably the least important thing to uprate for road use,although it does improve traction,and more so on a track.
    If you have a trawl through my thread,you'll find we've been all the way from stock suspension to a fully adjustable kW Clubsport setup,plus Superpro bushes,and antilift kit.
    The A3/S3 is set up with understeer from stock,and also carries a lot of weight up front,and getting that dialled out is actually pretty hard work,and costly,but it might be worth a look through my thread to save my cluttering this one up.