Mixed wheel cleaner

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
Hi all,
Can anyone recommend a wheel cleaner suitable for two types of wheel, I have a set that are just powder coated and a set that have a mixed powder coat and polished finish.
I am looking at either Auto Finesse Iron out or Auto Finesse Revolution although I wonder if the latter has enough cleaning power.
Any recommendations greatfully recieved.

You after a iron remover or a general wheel cleaner mate?

I recommend Bilberry by ValetPro as a general wheel cleaner. A iron/fallout remover shouldn't really be needed every wash. It's more of a more decontamination before you seal them with wax/nano coating.

For me iron x is far too expensive (/they stink!) to use every wash, so have some for deep cleaning only. Bilberry is my general wheel cleaner of choice as it can be diluted and works well.

Get them sealed with something like Gtechniq C5 and they will be dead easy to clean!

Hope that helps!

Reactions: mattyboyc
Thanks for your reply,
To be honest I am looking for a general cleaner that is man enough to remove brake dust and general crap without damaging the surface, where would I get the stuff you mention ? I usually order from polishedbliss. I much prefer to use products others have had experience with. i am about to have my wheels re- powder coated so would like to keep them tip-top.

Well a iron remover will blast everything off no problem. It can almost be used as a touchless wash!

I would definitely look at the option of sealing them with some nano coating as you can even just jet wash after applying that and get 90% clean! It's a bit of a chore, but worth it and last about a year.

I get my stuff from Shop'n'Shine, but there's lots of great retailers out there. It's quite a personal thing, and can take some time testing products and finding ones that work with you. I've used Dragons Breath, Iron X and Korrosol fall out removers and they all did a great job. Used Diablo wheel gel and didn't think it was that great, but bilberry is decent. Those two will require scrubbing though., unless you seal them up.

Thanks again,
So a dam good clean then a good seal is in order to make everything a bit easier!! Thanks again for your help it's appreciated.