missfire problem

dplovin

Reaction score
i have an audi a4 b6 1.8t and i know this is the best place to get help. so i thought you guys could help please considering i was recently a s3 8l owner, god i miss that car lol.

but anyway today' i took me car to the garage to get the lower temp sensor changed, couldnt be bothered doing it myself but wish i had now. they also cleaned the throttle body without me knowing aswell.

drove it up the road and the engine management light came on felt like a missfire, scanned it when i got home and the following codes came up.

[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]3 Faults Found:
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]16684 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] P0300 - 35-00 -
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]16688 - Cylinder 4
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] P0304 - 35-00 - Misfire Detected
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]17658 - Fuel Level too Low
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] P1250 - 35-00 -
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Readiness: 0010 1101

just wondering which one is cylinder 4

help much appreciated
[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

That's not right.the garage should have check everything vefore the let u have the car back.I.would check the coilpacks and instertee properly then check the coolant sensor is in aswell

Cylinder 4 is the one closest to passenger side.I'm sure someone will correct.me if my wrong but.I'm sure it is

Paradox you are correct, cylinder 4 is nearest the passenger side. Sounds like that coil pack or spark plug has a issue, remove spark plug and check it first and then if its good, swap that pack over to say 3. Clear the codes and see if the misfire moves, it should do if the coil pack is faulty.

Yeah it's not right mate dnt fancy taking it back again was a mistake taking it there. Right so nearest the passenger side you say. So that would be the top one on my engine as looking from the front of the car. My engine same layout but a 90 degree turn right of you get me

Yes, because your engine is mounted Longitudinally, it should be the one nearest the dashboard. I would swap it over with the 3rd (2nd away from the dashboard) reset the codes and have a quick drive, then check again. Might take a minute to pick up the mis fire again.

Cheers mate ill check tommorow morning :thumbsup:

much better help on this forum I miss it :(