Missfire p0087

Charlie97

Reaction score
IMG 2481
Hi guys. New to the forum. I have a 2007 b7 rs4 I've had it 3 months now and not had a problem. I was driving home the other night stopped at the shop Got back in the car and had a missfire. Got home plugged my rosstech cable in and it has come up with p0087 fuel rail/system pressure to low and was smelling very strongly of fuel at the back of the car exhaust area. No leaks. Would seem to me maybe a dodgy injector Poss stuck open. WAN wondering if any one else has had this problem. Before I go looking at in a little further.

Thanks in advance

Hi, I had it couple of times in my b7 2.0 tfsi quattro. Didn't seems to develop to anything more .
It can be a myriad of things to do with fuel and not getting the right amount / pressure to the engine or injectors , see this article

https://www.yourmechanic.com/articl...re-regulator-1-performance-by-spencer-clayton

Last time I had it , it was accompanied with a really high pitch whine from the rear seats which would be the fuel tank pump.
It appears that the fuel pump can do this when on its way out or a problem .
I think my problem was the tank was nearly empty and had been almost kept topped up pretty full of recent , so may have caused the fuel level sensor to stick . Anyway cleaned the code and nothing more.

Also commonly can be the high pressure fuel pump which I believe is linked to the cam follower , so could be that common problem too..