1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfiring 2006 A4 1.8T Cabriolet - Possibly the MAF

johnnyfinlandia Nov 13, 2012

1. johnnyfinlandia

johnnyfinlandia Member

OK so I thought it was aa gearbox wobble but having read some posts it could be the Mass Air Flow unit. Does anyone know where this is on this model? I will clean it and see. First I might just disconnect to see if it helps.

Thanks !!

2. camscockle20vT

camscockle20vT The stigs ugly brother

Its located just after the airbox(i think), just unplug it. It could be the coil packs or a boost leak, best to get it scanned for error codes.

3. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

as above scan it first b4 you waste cash

4. johnnyfinlandia

johnnyfinlandia Member

OK Went to the Audi dealer who said for €75 they don't know what is the problem. Well I took the plastic cover off the engine and found one cable 'chewed' or looks like it .. so could it be this ? I have a good mind to take it back and say 'hello' to the Mgr there and see what he says!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  5. camscockle20vT

camscockle20vT The stigs ugly brother

Yeh take it back, they shouldnt take your money knowing there is a problem, there should be some kind of fault code, especially becase that plug dosent look to clever, and maybe the problem.

6. johnnyfinlandia

johnnyfinlandia Member

Well took it to Audi and said I wasn't happy. Anyway a more senior engineer took it for a drive and did more checks and said it is probably a pipe. The HT cable actually works even though a mouse has been living and eating there. I wondered why the mileage is quite low .. car was probably stored during the winter months maybe. At least they should know on Friday when I have it checked further :(