Misfiring 2006 A4 1.8T Cabriolet - Possibly the MAF

johnnyfinlandia

Reaction score
OK so I thought it was aa gearbox wobble but having read some posts it could be the Mass Air Flow unit. Does anyone know where this is on this model? I will clean it and see. First I might just disconnect to see if it helps.

Thanks !!

Its located just after the airbox(i think), just unplug it. It could be the coil packs or a boost leak, best to get it scanned for error codes.

as above scan it first b4 you waste cash

OK Went to the Audi dealer who said for €75 they don't know what is the problem. Well I took the plastic cover off the engine and found one cable 'chewed' or looks like it .. so could it be this ? I have a good mind to take it back and say 'hello' to the Mgr there and see what he says!

Attachments

• spark lead.jpg
    spark lead.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 109
  • spark lead.jpg
    spark lead.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Yeh take it back, they shouldnt take your money knowing there is a problem, there should be some kind of fault code, especially becase that plug dosent look to clever, and maybe the problem.

Well took it to Audi and said I wasn't happy. Anyway a more senior engineer took it for a drive and did more checks and said it is probably a pipe. The HT cable actually works even though a mouse has been living and eating there. I wondered why the mileage is quite low .. car was probably stored during the winter months maybe. At least they should know on Friday when I have it checked further :(