1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfire problem on 2.4 v6.

The_Mighty_Gers Apr 9, 2013

1. The_Mighty_Gers

The_Mighty_Gers New Member

Just had the clutch and flywheel replaced and a full service, after the service the car immediately developed a misfire on cylinder 4 (shows on the error codes) before all the work was done there was a very light hesitation in acceleration but now it misfires on idle and under load.

does anyone have any suggestions?

many thanks

Scotty

2. rjm180

rjm180 Active Member

Maybe coil pack/packs, have you had them replaced under the recall and have you scanned the car for fault codes?

3. The_Mighty_Gers

The_Mighty_Gers New Member

I think i will have to speak to audi, no paperwork from the previous owner to show that if they have been replaced under the recall or not. yes i have the fault codes, shows two, 16683 and 16688 to show that its number four cylinder that is misfiring. is there a process i can use to check like swapping ht leads over?

4. RyanJonS4

RyanJonS4 Drive It Like You Stole It

could swap 2 coils, clear fault codes and try again to see if misfire mov es to a different cylinder?

5. rjm180

rjm180 Active Member

+1 .

If you take it in to Audi they will have a look at the coil packs for you to see if they have been replaced.