Misano Red A3 warranty paintwork

BrianM

BrianM
Reaction score
My Misano Red A3 Sportback S Line is going back in to the dealers paintshop again (after 5 months and 10k miles) for the front bumper to be repainted. The exact same symptoms as before with the lacquer lifting in a number of places. Audi Huntingdon have been very good in progressing the claim with Audi, however Audi insist it is the fault of the bodyshop this time and their application of the paint. Why does this only seem to happen to the Misano Red bodywork, surely the lacquer is similar on all the models? here's hoping its a better long term solution! They are loaning me a Sportback A3 170hp Quattro so it will be interesting to see how it performs compared to my Superchipped 140 DSG.

Hiya mate,

My Misano Red 140 went in for a front bumper respray 3 weeks ago due to the laquer lifting and bubbling in places...

First attempt by the 'approved' bodyshop resulted in paint runs, rough orange peel effect to the lower section and nice deep scratches in the new paint as they attempted to fit the lower fog grills..
Second attempt left the bumper with hundreds of white spots which they believed to be the primer 'bleeding' through the top coat for some reason?
Third time lucky as they say and it looks as new, for now....:huh:

Tbh after all the messing around associated with 3 trips back and forth to the bodyshop and the time off work coupled with driving a Mitsubishi Colt 1.1 for a week, if it goes again i'll probably just live with it and trade it in for a silver one lol! ;)

Dropped the car off today for the warranty work and picked up the loan car. An 07 Sportback in Misano Red with 170 Tdi Quattro and manual box. First impressions are that my Superchipped 140 is quicker but slightly rougher sounding, however it has done 30k compared to 6k on the loan car. Yes you can get the power down easier with the quattro and i'm sure it would faster away in the wet. Why does anyone ever choose manual compared to the DSG is beyond me, you seem to spend all your time changing gear to get anywhere rapidly, the DSG takes all the hassle away even if you use the paddle shift and you get seemless acceleration. I have a week to get used to it but I'm missing the "auto" feel already and consumption seems higher with the 170.

a agree, manuals feel 'so yesterday' when you are used to DSG

Well had another day with the courtesy car and I am convinced even more that DSG is the dogs whatsits, the drive is so much smoother and feels quicker too.