Mis sold my car

nas1638

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Good evening, just a quick question ref the above subject, I have recently bought an audi a4 sline, totally loving it but when I looked at the description of the car on the advert it mentioned the car had cruise control but since owning it I have realised it doesn't have it, I bought the car from a local car dealer, am I right in saying the dealer has to fix this? Or offer a refund for breach of contract?

Thanks in advance

Item not as decribed. To be honest though do you really want it? If it;s that big a deal find one of the companies that will retro fit it and see what the dealer says. Worst case he'll tell you to sod off. To be brutall if the rest of the car is spot on why bother as the aggro of getting it sorted legally will leave you very flat and out of pocket

Tbh i would say if you bought the car off the internet from the description, you would have a case but actually having had a chance to inspect it at your leisure before agreeing to buy it, then i doubt you would have any comeback.
As said, just get it retrofitted if its important to you, its not that expensive.

Well yeah I would like it as I drive quite a few miles for my job..surely I am covered by the sales of goods act.

No it wasn't bought off the internet, the advert was online then I went to look at the car, to be honest I didn't know where the c/c would have been as my previous car was a mondeo and the c/c was on the steering wheel..the audi has so many buttons and dials I didn't know what I was looking at when I bought it! :)

I do loads of miles for my job too mate, never needed it and even in cars that have had it I've not bothered to use it after the novelty wore off. It was advertised with it but as has said you inspected it before buying so the dealer has ample grey area to run you round and tie you in knots. Get a quote for a retrofit and approach the dealer but don't be surprised if you get the bums rush. For the aggro I would simply get it fitted and give yourself a light slap for not checking it properly.

Reactions: s33nyboy12
so a car was badly described, you didn't perform the required checks, and now want the dealer to give some money back or install CC for you?

if it's an Audi dealer, maybe you stand a chance, but if it's some wheeler dealer, then I wouldn't hold out much hope. Lesson learnt if buying a car to do your homework properly when looking the car over.

why is it someone else is always to blame if the buyer hasn't given a thorough check of the vehicle, surely this is your responsibility as much as the sellers, and if you haven't raised it at the time of purchase then kinda tough luck.

Similar thing happened to me on a private sale, I was told there were heated seats and there weren't. I soon got over it as the rest of the car was perfect and I will upgrade the seats at some point.

so a car was badly described, you didn't perform the required checks, and now want the dealer to give some money back or install CC for you?

if it's an Audi dealer, maybe you stand a chance, but if it's some wheeler dealer, then I wouldn't hold out much hope. Lesson learnt if buying a car to do your homework properly when looking the car over.

why is it someone else is always to blame if the buyer hasn't given a thorough check of the vehicle, surely this is your responsibility as much as the sellers, and if you haven't raised it at the time of purchase then kinda tough luck.

Well, that not's really true, is it? Yes, as a buyer, you have a responsibility to give the car a thorough checkover, but equally, you are entitled to accept on face value, anything that formed part of the seller's description of the car. If you miss a defect that was not part of the description, then that is buyer beware, but if you rely on something in the seller's description that proves to be false, then the seller is accountable to you for the mistake/omission.

In the original poster's case, he didn't need to check for himself that the car had a cruise control, because it was part of the seller's description. Therefore, he can reasonably and legitimately expect the seller to cover the cost of installing cruise. Also, if the original poster bought the car on finance (or if he paid at least £100 of the price on a credit card) then he may be able to claim against his finance provider/card issuer under S75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. A quick phone call to Trading Standards would be well worth making.

Reactions: nas1638 and newbster
you could always try quoting your statutory rights, this normally helps if you word and approach the situation correctly.

I more than likely paid for having cruise control fitted to my car when it wasn't there, I will call the dealer later this morning.

£150 retrofitted I looked into it for mine have a b7 a4

Any luck with talking to the dealer?

If you still have the original advert then you may have a case. I would follow the previous recommendations and speak to trading standards or citizen advice bureau. They'll have solutions as you are not the only person to have been mis-sold something.

Think its the worse pile of crap ever put on a car because there is no motorway it can be used on
I've got it on my shogun and megane sports and I have never even touched the buttons to see if it works