1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mirror dipping and correct badge layout questions

Jonahjones26 Feb 23, 2013

1. Jonahjones26

Jonahjones26 Member

Hi guys

sorry about more questions I have done a search and can't find what I am looking for.

I have factory fitted reverse sensors ( I believe ?) but when I reverse the passenger side wing mirror dipped automatically but now it doesn't and I can't find a way to get it working again? ( sensors work fine )???

also the previous owner put a silly s4 badge on but due to some scratches where the original badges were I will revert back to standard. I have already ordered the A4 badge. But I do not know what goes on the other side I.e 1.8T then s line badge under???
    I have a 1.8T (190) s line btw. Any pics appreciated

thankyou

2. Danny-boy

Danny-boy Member

Think it's just 1.8T mate.

3. Jonahjones26

Jonahjones26 Member

Thanks is the 'T' in red ?

4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Remind me whether yours is a saloon or avant? I have a diagram like this for both. I think I'm correct in saying S-Lines don't have a rear S-Line badge as standard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

190's have a red T yes.

6. Jonahjones26

Jonahjones26 Member

Quattro James mine is a saloon and that diagram is exactly what need… superb! :)

7. Jonahjones26

Jonahjones26 Member

After hours of searching the Internet I have fount that I have to turn the wing mirror selector to the left ( passenger side ) and when revering it will auto dip … phew!

8. Dubbers1

Dubbers1 Top Gear VCDS Map User

[​IMG]

9. RyanJonS4

RyanJonS4 Drive It Like You Stole It

Never herd of this mirror dipping feature before, mine has factory sensors all around and doesnt do this....Is mine broken?

Ryan

10. Jonahjones26

Jonahjones26 Member

Thanks dubbers1

ryan … I have no idea possibly? But I have only owned an Audi for 3 days so unsure

11. RyanJonS4

Does everybody elses mirrors dip automatically?

12. troopa

troopa Member

What other options do you have on your car? Folding mirrors?
    Your mirror adjuster needs to be selected to your drivers/passenger mirror for the auto tilt to work i believe.

13. kite

kite Member VCDS Map User

I also believe you need electric seats with memory for the dipping mirror to work.

14. troopa

troopa Member

I have also read this, however he did state he had the mirror tilt working! So im thinking he may have moved the mirror toggle to centre.

15. Jonahjones26

Jonahjones26 Member

Yeah I have memory seats , fold in mirrors etc

16. RyanJonS4

I have electric mirrors but they dont fold, and I have electric seats but they dont have memory!

Ahh well.....at least it isnt broken again :)

Ryan