mirror dilemma

AARON77

Reaction score
Just had my car resprayed a few months ago with some really subtle mods (smooth bumpers,aerial removed,rear badges removed,side repeaters removed, color code trim). ive always wanted the solid metal brushed steel mirrors which i think look the nuts, well ive just managed to find a pair (thanx s3 kev) now i know they gonna look nice bolted on but i do really like the subtlety of my car and im not sure if they will de a bit too bling. So looking for some feed back pls fellow s3 lovers. also really want some new wheels but want to stay on the whole subtle but nice theme any ideas would be great!!!
attachment.php

I have the cheap In Pro chrome ones on my car, but it seems to match the look I've got so far, been tempted to put the standard black ones back on though...

130-3085_IMG.jpg

love ya wheels jojo. im thinking of putting some schmitd th lines or ronals(the new black ones) !!!!!

if your happy to run adapters you could look at running audi S8 18inc avus alloys which are identical to the S3 alloys, or S4 avus 3 18inc alloys same style but slightly different to the S3 wheels.

They weigh a few KG each corner.

I just dont like spacers or adaptors mate as im wanting to keep the unsprung weight down, i fitting some lightweight alloys and 2 piece discs to keep the weight down, but thats me.

The mirrors are a bit like Marmite, you either love them or hate them, personally I'm not a fan but lots of people love them so I'd say go with what you like after all it's you car.

yeah I prefer colour coded mirrors. Not a fan of the chrome at all.

I love all the smoothing you've done, but should have kept the 4 rings IMO

Your picture makes me want standard alloys for my S3

Hello mate,

First of all congrats on your mods on your S3, I think they look amazing and perfectly in tune with the subtle\stealth look of the car. In my opinion I would either keep the mirrors in black or if you are looking for something diferent I would go for something like this:

!BWFZpWQB2k~$(KGrHgoH-E!EjlLlyKFGBKVu)ND0Ow~~_12.JPG

If your interested here's the link to them:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Kamei-Spiegelkappen-Carbon-Design-Audi-A3-8L-A4-A6-A8_W0QQitemZ350224429165QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutoteile_Zubehör?hash=item518b00b06d#ht_1201wt_939

Regarding the wheels, again since I believe the ideia is a subtle\stealth look i would either keep the ones you have and just have them painted in a Titanium colour, or if you have the money, change them to some other black or titanium look ones. Something like this:

1.jpg

or this:

Large_909.jpg

The images are only for you to have a idea of the colour.

I would also change the front headlights to the restyling ones with black background, like this:

960826_.jpg

Sorry if I flooded you with too many opinions.

Best of luck with your decision.

Regards

Last edited:
im going to be doing the misus A3 with the alu spray from Audi...same as the RS4..... another member on here as them after having the originals stolen, looks pretty good if you ask me

although id never tell him cos he'll get a big head :)

I think the mirrors look good.... I also have a pre-facelift S3 and along with the rear clusters, changed the mirrors to post-facelift chromes. I like it, but like others have said..... you love 'em or hate 'em!