1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mintex Xtreme

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Dave_Bayern, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Dave_Bayern

Dave_Bayern Slipping at 3.5Krpm

Has anyone here used Mintex Xtreme pads before?

I have Ferodo DS2500 pads on mine right now, but changed some bits and pieces on the brakes, noticed my pads were getting low so I decided to get a new set of road pads and keep the DS2500s for my next track day.

Anyway, ordered some Mintex Xtreme from GSF which were a very reasonable £45+VAT and went to pick them up today.

The box looks like trainers, or a computer game, or Lego, or something. Basically its a fancy carbon effect box with a flap, and a window, so you can see the brake pads!!

Anyone ever used the pads? I know they aren't going to match the DS2500s in any way, but what are they like as a standard road pad?
  2. j4jon

j4jon Member

What are the DS2500's like from cold? I would like some new pads as the standard ones are a bit pants, but I don't really loose the from cold braking.
  3. Stewart

Stewart Member

They are ok as a road pad, not quite as good cold as the 2500's but the best way I can describe them is that they feel like they have a very narrow working temperature range. Even on the road I soon cooked them.

Got better bite with standard as well. Not a great experience overall but not bad for the money I suppose.
  4. Dave_Bayern

Dave_Bayern Slipping at 3.5Krpm

DS2500's are better from cold than OEM.

DS2500's are better hot than OEM.

You have to be REALLY good to cook DS2500's.

The mintex dont sound all that good Stewart. Bugger. Standards are 35GBP with my trade discount...
  5. Stewart

Stewart Member

Don't get me wrong, they did work better than standard for a spirited drive, just dont expect miracles, they are nowhere near being in the same league as the DS2500's.
  6. j4jon

j4jon Member

So if I was to get some DS2500's could I use them with OEM discs or should I get something else like black diamond, don't really have a huge amount of money at the moment.
  7. vanilla_ice

vanilla_ice Member

Does anyone know how Mintex Xtreme's compare against Ferodo DS's P/N: FDS1463 (Not the 2500's)?

EDIT: Do they DS2500's have the wiring for the low pad indicator?

Cheers,

ICE
  8. popsy

popsy New Member

where is the best place to get the ds2500's from and will they be okay for road use with oem discs?
  9. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

You can get them from Bill at Badger5 - http://www.badger5.co.uk/
    I see no reason why you can't run them with standard discs - I've run them like that before on my Ibiza.
  10. Dave B

Dave B REALITY?.... WHERE AM I AGAIN?.... WHO AM I AGAIN?

Ive just got the same Pads, found quite a few good reviews, ive not run DS2500 however hopefully these will do the job:huh: