1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

minor issue or not

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by S3 AD, Dec 11, 2006.

1. S3 AD

S3 AD Member

Hi guys, I am not sure if I have a very minor issue with my S3 or not, but I am sure someone on here will be able to tell me.

When I turn my head lights on I get the little green symbol on the dash for headlights but if I turn the fog lights on I get no indication on the dash at all but the fog lights work fine, do I have a little light on the dash that should come on or is this normal?? btw This is on a face lift 2001 S3

Cheers
  2. Booth_S4

Booth_S4 Riding on V8 power

mine is the sam iirc, i thought mine went working either until i got out and checked!
  3. adamgroves

adamgroves Member

i thought the light next to the switch just lit up green and no light on the dash
  4. QUATTRO_REP

QUATTRO_REP Diesel Power!

i think if its the same as mine, if u look at the switch u have symbols for front and rear fogs, when they are on the symbol turns green. u jus cant see if from driving possition. bit of a bad design i thinks!
  5. Booth_S4

Booth_S4 Riding on V8 power

thats what i ment, its not on the dash! your right very bad design on audis part for that!
  6. S3 AD

S3 AD Member

Cheers guys :) I'll check the switch itself - I'm glad I dont have a issue, it seems strange as I used to have an Octavia vRS & this had an extra little symbol on the dash. So far thats the only way the S3 isnt better than the vRS - so I cant complain & would no way swap back just to get a fog light symbol :)
  7. monkeytrousers

monkeytrousers Member

Definitely doesn't have symbol on dash. Just a faint light on the light switch itself.

However, it's impossible to leave them on by mistake, as they turn off automatically when you switch the lights off.
  8. Aky

Aky Aky

My soon to be gone Mk4 Golf is exactly the same Don't worry about it!