Mine FMIC on s3

oldcar

Reaction score
Folks after reading the articles about fitting FMIC from your forum and I cheated ..thanks to Derek and Tuffy's post.

I have never done it before, so it took me 14 FULL hours no stop all night...and finally got it done.
My intercooler was 600mmX230X65mm, and I managed to put it in between the radiator and crash bar. Of course I have to trim a little off on each side of bumper. Mid section untouched.
The most difficult parts was trying to put the bumper on after done all the piping and realized it wont fit....specially after 12 hours time. So back to square one....redo the pipings...
Fmic 2 before bumper bar

Fmic redo pipings

I have remained RH oem connected to FMIC, LHside OEM is removed due to lacking rooms for pipings to link up with FMIC.
Next question was,,,,,do i get any lag.....NO, I use 63mm pipings(cheated it-reading's someones post).

Do I feel more more more power??? Yes,without DYNO proof.... but throttle response was better ALL OVER the rev range.
One thing I noticed is when I get home, both throttle body and charge pipe-normally is hot were COLD.
so , FMIC is doing a great job......

Parts used-4X90 silicon bends... and too much left overs.....may be i can make one charge pipe...

Next week I will get REVO stage 2 tuned after replacing 4 bar FPR as requested by VW guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: derek84
got any pics with the bumper back on ? total cost ? where were all the parts from ?

Reactions: oldcar
You don't need a 4bar FPR on a stage 2 REVO...

Whoever told you that is mistaken

<tuffty/>

Reactions: oldcar
got any pics with the bumper back on ? total cost ? where were all the parts from ?
I will take the picture this weekend and posted, I am actually driving the car for last 3 days...it looked like a stock car- a sleeper.

Universal kits from ebay-150$-I got too many left overs.
600mmX230X65 = 165$ from Corvete -Sydney-ebay he made all intercoolers from China, first hand no agent fees.

Just a quick note, I should have picked 550X230X65 instead of 600. With 550mm-long you should have no problem to put bumper bar on, unless the two inlets is slight bend towards the engine bay like the FORGE intercoolers. So total cost = less than 4004---cheap....

Last edited:
You don't need a 4bar FPR on a stage 2 REVO...

Whoever told you that is mistaken

<tuffty/>
Revo agent from VW village Sydney. You are right, I checked the REVO2, only engine with KO3 turbo needs upgrade to 4bar. Ko4 is fine.

Guys I further added 2 more reinforcements at the bottom of the intercooler. Top parts I use steel plate. The bottom two M8 bolt is mounted from the intercooler across to the old metal boost pipe mounts-in picture 2, the bolt is dark right in the back.
DSC03394
DSC03395