Mine died today

Kevint

Reaction score
Website
www.lickmyear.org
Due to financial reasons, 5 weeks ago, I traded in my 8 month old A3 2.0TDI (lovely car) for an approved used A4 1.8T Sport, 1999 facelift. It freed up a bit of cash and I still got to keep some performance.

Anyway, whilst driving down the motorway today, at 70mph in the fast lane, just as I was about to exit the motorway it felt like the car had a misfire, I lifted off the throttle as my slip road was coming up. As I lifted the car made a very bad noise, similar to gravel going round the engine (or what you would imagine it to sound like /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ). I indicated left and it made another bad noise, similar to something big falling off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I slowed down to 50mph and put my hazards on thinking I'd stop on the hard shoulder of the slip road.

The car never made it that far /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

With a great shudder the front wheels locked and I skidded directly forward leaving the car parked in a very unsual fashion on the hard shoulder/slip road.

After thinking F**k, I called Audi Assist who collected the car. The gearbox had seized meaning that the front wheels would not turn, so it was jacked up and the van trailer reversed under the front wheels and then dropped back down, there is a flat spot on each tyre.

Anyways, got a Volvo V70 2.4 for acouple of days whilst it awaits a new gearbox and whatever else needs doing.

Just glad I wasn't doing 140mph when it happened /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif and thats its got a warrantly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Kev.