1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miltek Non Resonated Cat Back

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Ashc11TT, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Ashc11TT

Ashc11TT Member

[Jun 5, 2010]
    Hi guys, iv just put a deposit down for my miltek exhaust, i have a pre-facelift a3 1999, and i was told by the guy in the garage that he wouldnt be able to cut the exhaust up in the bumper, as it is pre fabricated to sit at a certain height, does this sound correct?

as im a bit worried its gonna look really ****, being lipped under the bumper..

thanks..
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. S90GAV

S90GAV Member

[Jun 5, 2010]
    if i was you id go for a custom exhaust, as i bought a miltek for my A3 when i owned that and it looked naff :( as the tail pipes come outand bend down over and sat way too low, the only way i could get round it was chop them off and get them welded on stright and cut a small section of the bumper, only thing is doing that it will void the miltek warrenty.

sorry this is the only pic i have

[​IMG]
  4. Ashc11TT

Ashc11TT Member

[Jun 5, 2010]
    Hi, oh ok, mm, iv put a deposit down now for the exhaust :( oh well il see what happens, thanks for your reply though it was very helpful..

thanks..
  5. S3KO4

S3KO4 Member

[Jun 5, 2010]
    As long as the cut is precise with the length of the tail pipe, and has the right hanging then it should look nice, I would also make sure it is flush with the bumper when it is fitted, as milltek tend to expand and stretch, I have seen as much as 3-4cm from hard driving, and when cooled it goes back to its original place.