1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miltek exhaust

marks-krazy-s3 Feb 1, 2010

1. marks-krazy-s3

marks-krazy-s3 New Member

has anyone seen any power gains from a miltek cat back non resinated system

2. S3BAM

S3BAM Member

i asked the same question a week or so ago i chose to go for the Blueflame option as had a cracking deal with s3gav..

From what ive heard miltek are not that good any more just a house hold name with vag owners

So many stories of people with problems i.e welds cracking ive even got a friend who bought the system inc sports cat for his golf tub and couldnt even screw is lambda in as whole was incorrect..!!!!

Everyone will have differant opinions but i have noticed a slight increase on fitting my Blueflame..
    + the original system weighs a ton...!!!!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  3. putang

putang Member

Dont think you will see any gains from this mod, the standard rear section is pretty good. the car will sound nicer though i would have thought.

Can anyone tell me how the catback non res sounds?

4. S3 HODGE

S3 HODGE Brown passenger seat.

I had the Miltek system on my S3 for almost a year before i sold the car and its an amazing system and i miss the sound. Mine was decatted and it sounded fairly good for a 1.8T. As for fitting it was perfect, If you buy one and it doesnt fit well send it back and if the wields break it will be under warrenty...

5. s3 Hoggy

s3 Hoggy Whats going on???

I've only had mine 3 days but it does seem very good quality and sounds much better but I wouldn't say it's much louder than standard,

Cheers Matt

6. S3 HODGE

Is this the Res or Non Res system? After youve done 500 miles it will coke up and sound a little louder....Mine sounded a bit tinny when i first put it on.

7. s3 Hoggy

Non-res mate, yeah that's what I'm expecting
    Does it get louder as I realy don't want it to be too loud

Cheers Matt

8. S3 HODGE

Not louder as such, a little more Basey yes...But does sound very good :) Have you Decatted it?

9. LiverS3Mike

LiverS3Mike New Member

10. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!! VCDS Map User

no power gains im afraid.....well, nobodies ever proven any and a few have proven there aren't any gains

11. s3 Hoggy

The exhaust your looking at is for a TT,

This is the S3 Milltek

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers Matt

12. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

the none res sounds great when you open her up, i can only hear it when i wind passenger window down, my passengers always comment how lovely it sounds :yes: mine is a bit droney though but i have a 100 cell cat and 3" dp so maybe fine on standard dp/cat

13. s3 Hoggy

Yep mines a non-res and sounds great, not at all loud just sounds perfect!

14. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

I'll try and get some pics of mine but tbh it looks the same as all the others... cool but doesn't draw loads of attention.... compared to the back box I had before its really quiet which suits me but has a nice burble on tick over and a deeper note when revved...

Mine is a tad different to a normal Milltek as I only have the back box... its fitted up to my 3" system and I have a 'resonator' box too... I am happy with it...

<tuffty/>

15. Andrew@A.L.D

Andrew@A.L.D May add NOS to 600+bhp S3.

Just got mine today and the down pipe so i will let you know what i think