1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Milltek System

Nitro Sep 9, 2009

1. Nitro

Nitro Member

I purchased a Milltek Exhaust system for my A4 2,8 V6 quattro, its a quality product, but I have a problem with the Milltek front section where it meets the two pipes from the cat, On the original system the pipes are the same diameter and both sides, connect with a sleeve. But with the Milltek the front section is bigger, a flange (it fits over the original pipes from the cat) and connected via a clamp. The problem I have is there is a small blowing from these two connections. Has anyone had this problem & how to fix it? Should I try fitting the sleeves over these flange joints?

2. dsmclark40v

dsmclark40v Member

i've had the same problem for ages. I finally got it sorted last week by getting a local welder I know to modify the front pipes so they fit. where abouts in the uk are you?

3. jcb

jcb Active Member VCDS Map User

gun gum?

4. Matt82

Matt82 Active Member

miltek's seem to be a load of ****. a friend of mine paid a fortune to have one put on a vr6, it fitted badly to start with and eventually snapped just ahead of the middle box.

the replacement then corroded badly after the car

i car share with a guy whose miltek fits badly and it seriously chav loud. total waste of money it seems and i dont understand why people get so excited about them

5. Nitro

Nitro Member

Thanks for the advise guys. I purchased my Milltek From Venom Motor sports, but when I called Milltek themselves they were very helpful & sent me a few emails with advise. I took the system apart used more exhaust paste on the two leaking slip joints and tightened the clamps more this time and no leaks at all. Its a great system now its air tight, sound good too (not too loud as I went for a resonated system) just classy & you can fee a difference when driving it hard. I am pleased with it now.

6. jcb

jcb Active Member VCDS Map User

I have a full Milltek turbo back system and it fits like a glove.
    bought second hand, put 55k on it and it is still going strong, despite me dragging it across numerous speed bumps.

not sure I would stump up the cash for a new one but I would certainly consider it