Milltek Stainless System...Opinions Please!

PNH80

Low life livin' the high life.
Reaction score
Hello folks...

Basically i'm considering installing a full stainless exhaust system this year when the weather improves slightly. I've heard a lot of good things about the Milltek systems but just want some 'real world' opinions.

Anyone got one installed? Know anyone who has? How loud is the resonated back box compared to the non-resonated? Nice exhaust note? (i've got an 07 2.0T quattro).

OR... Any better options to a Milltek?

Any feedback and opinions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers in advance.

Paul.

I have a resonated cat back on my 2.0tdi

Looks great, fits perfectly and isnt loud - you do get a nice quiet note (for a derv) when going through the revs

The one thing that does annoy me about it is that the miltek logo is not embossed into the metal, I dont know what it is but its starting to come off

I reckon the exhaust would give more performance gains on your petrol

I've got one and the cats on my 8P, it's ok for what it is...little over priced IMO though.

I don't think i'd get another one for the 8P, i'd rather get a custom one made with the note and look I want for simlar monies.

http://www.pipewerx.com/ have a very loyal following and i'd probably give them a try if I was in the market for a new one.

I've not had one on an Audi but I did have on fitted to my R32. As Boydie said, perfect fit, really well made and not too loud. If your after something to announce your presence then the milteks not for you. If you want something that gives a nice subtle sound I can recommend the miltek.

Planning on getting one on my Bm when I get the chance!

J.

Thanks guys, some good comments...
I'm not looking for a loud rasping exhaust note but just a little more sporty than the stock system. I tend to think that the 2.0T FSI sounds better from inside the car than outside.
Is the general opinion that i will get a nice subtle sporty note from the non-resonated system (more so than the resonated system) without sounding like a chavvy big-bore?

P.S. Should sound very very nice on a 3.0 MB

Paul.

No it won't sound like a chavvy big bore....there's some clips on You Tube on a 8P S3 if I remember correctly.

mattfinn said:
Does sound good!

Got one on my S4, and it sounds great, only droans under load, which is rare ie 6th gear >50mph on Mways.

Is that resonated or non-resonated?

mattfinn said:
Resonated. Dual 2.75". Once it was fitted, we got it hot then my mate drove it with me out of the carm so I knew what it sounded like hehe! Awesome in a word!

Dual 2.75" sounds a bit of a beast. I think my 2.0T would really benefit from a sportier unit than stock... Don't think the standard exhaust does the engine any justice to be honest. Like i say, sounds great from inside but very average from outside.

Had the full system no-res on my GTI MK5, as all have said , well made, excellent fit and good sound over stock 2.0T.

Ref the logo that is usually laser etched so should last but I had Miltek remove mine prior to fitting as I like the OEM look.

Highly recommended by me, another alternative is made by Awe and sold by regal but for similar money so I'd stick with the Miltek

Based on what people have said, i'm thinking the full hi flow non resonated is the way forward. The resonated may not be a big enough difference over the stock system.

subject to where you are located and correct fitment CPJ80 will be selling his Miltek off his S3 8P due to an impending PX, he's in Scotland and looking for a collection, could save yourself a few quid if it fits, check out the miltek website for part numbers etc.