Milltek sport exhaust A3 2.0tdi 140

A3ben

Reaction score
i am thinking of getting a Milltek sport exhaust Cat-back - Twin Jet system
but was wondering if it is worth it or not. The engine has been re-mapped
already if that makes any difference?

thanks for your help

P.S. Sorry if someone else has posted this before but i couldn't find it.

From what I've been told no, unless you plan to uprate the engine with turbo, custom remap for heaps more power I cant see point in it except the noise which to me isnt the reason to buy a milltek anyway, but wait for it others will beg to differ, for £500 or more what you get is nothing like a remap would do for less money, for that car unless uprating other things it really isnt that noticeable & my tuner whose part of AMD said dont bother, I havnt & plenty happy.

Check out DevonBoyMikey's car, now thats an upgrade to a TDI, lol, but a friend of mine asked me that recently & he actually went for ride in one with milltek compared to his own & he said sod all difference tbh

Welcome to the forum

Just dont want you to buy just cause of a name fella, which alot do then find ah not alpt of difference, now stick it on an S4/RS4 etc etc you would notice difference cause of back pressures etc, but 2.0 tdi isnt worth the money tbh, but horses for courses upto you mate.

i like the tone of the milltec exhaust but if there isn't any extra power i don't think I'll be doing it. i could always get a rear silencer to finish the rear off. i really don't like the original one.

Beddie gave this review on uk-audis

"
Hiya all,
It's been about 1000 miles since i had a Milltek exhaust fitted to my A3 2.0TDi and thought i'd give a quick review of how i've found it so far..
I went for the 'Non-Resonated' version of Milltek's cat back system with the 'Jet' style tailpipes, Milltek do 2 versions for the 2.0Tdi, a resonated, and non-resonated, the difference between the two systems being the deletion of the second silencer in the 'non-resonated' version,
I chose this version as Milltek themselves amongst others recommend it for the diesel cars as it gives a more petrol like sound compared to the non-res system and a happy bonus is it's £50 cheaper
emotion-21.gif

Had the system fitted by the guys at www.psituning.com and the first thing to note is the much improved look of the exhaust compared to the rusty downturned tailpipes of the standard 140PD system, really finishes the rear end of the car off imo! The other obvious difference is in the way the car now drives...
Given a few hundred miles to coke up a bit the exhaust takes on a really nice deep tone without ever being too loud or boomy and i've had the chance to hear my car being driven away and it really does sound nice! Pick up and response is definately improved with the turbo coming on boost a good bit earlier than stock and it really wants to rev low down now, all in all well recommended and a worthwile mod imo
emotion-1.gif
"

SOunds good from what he says..

He mostly says its aesthetic & noise wise which is what I said & not why I would by a milltek whatsoever, I think maybe some of his comments could be eurpohria related to Milltek name, I'm commenting from a tuner & someone also thats compared 2 cars one with one without, but make your own mind up.

I certainly dont buy a car from the sound thats for sure, as with an exhaust, you can go buy a rear box for far cheaper than the milltek & get different noises, but if we're honest Milltek brand isnt about noise, its about perfromance & this on an A3 2.0 TDI isnt adding anything of serious worth for £500 plus only IMHO of course.

thanks for the help guys. I'll have to ponder over it for a few weeks lol. i got a price including fitting it which was £447. i don't thinks that's too bad

Depends fella, £447 for sod all difference is rather expensive dont you think?

Oh actually no, tailpipes have Milltek written on, lol

Its a no brainer tbh, spend £500 on something you will see/notice difference on like RNS-E for eg.

Throw the downpipes in for another £150, and youre onto a winner I say!
Ive drove an Ibiza TDi with a milltek and it sounded angry, and did spool up quicker than before.
S'all down to choice I guess.

try looking at amber performance, as they seemed the cheapest mate:)

Ive drove an Ibiza TDi with a milltek and it sounded angry, and did spool up quicker than before.

Agree. Mikey's milltek has got me so jealous, his car drives so beautifully with the turboback milltek exhaust + custom code phase 2 map. I'm awaiting for Charlie from milltek to get back to me as they don't currently make one for the 2.0TDI (140) Sportback, they might use my car for R&D and gimme a deal. The turboback exhaust for 3 door is £450, well worth it imo. Looks nice/sounds lovely and aggressive for diesel/spools up quicker.

Ok but did it make any real difference to the car that you can see £700 on?

I mean I had an S3 for 7 years & didnt milltek but that would of made real difference but for me downpipe, cat, backbox etc weasnt worth £1200 for that small gain

Had the B6 S4 for 2 years & ye milltek would add some gains but not worth the again £1200ish

once my rear valance is on, Im going to remove the backbox and just take a pipe from the cat to the end - cant remember a price but it was under £100.

And if i really want, a decats around £120.

But i heard a miltec on a golf gttdi - didnt sound too bad tbh but not worth £500 IMO. if i come accross a cheap on on the bay then maybe but defo not paying £500 for one lol

This is my opinion on the subject for diesel PD cars that are stock or remapped.
If you want the car to be slightly more responsive with a few more bhp on the cheap just remove the CAT and change the backbox for a free flow item with tailpipe of your liking from any exhaust shop. The same applies if you want to change the style or noise of the exhaust. Twin round tail pipes are more quite then a large oval pipe. The only time i would buy a full Milltek exaust for a stock/remapped car is if the OEM exhaust needed to be replaced anyway. A Milltek exhaust comes into it`s own when running hybrid turbos as we run a lot higher EGT temps which would quickly crack and break a stock exhaust system.

Love my milltek. Turbo spools up quicker, looks and sounds great:

DSCF0558.jpg

16082008210.jpg

Thanks for all the advice. its been a great help :thumbsup:

nice pics by the way

anyone got any vids of the miltek on their car? would like to here one

Reactions: TommyG6792
there is one on YouTube which is about 13 seconds and isn't very good lol

Mike's milly just looks SOOOOOO GOOD.

I had to take a triple lookback at that comment N8, for one second, lmao, glad it say Milly, lol

Reactions: sean.smithy
Ok but did it make any real difference to the car that you can see £700 on?

I mean I had an S3 for 7 years & didnt milltek but that would of made real difference but for me downpipe, cat, backbox etc weasnt worth £1200 for that small gain

Had the B6 S4 for 2 years & ye milltek would add some gains but not worth the again £1200ish

Ess3 did a RR before & after with a Milltek on his 8L S3 and found it was down on power after they managed to fit it as it didn't fit right.

I find that hard to believe tbh, havnt heard of a milltek on an s3 8l actually losing power with a proper map/install, never unless it was down to some other components, be nice if he could expand on why this occurred as Milltek on the S3 8L was supposed to be very good even though £1200 for me for 10-15bhp which I questioned wasnt worth it, it was supposed to make it a better car overall, but make it worse I cant see it really cant, intriguing, PM Ess & ask him to comment.

I'd go for one, I was quoted £380 fitted non resonated for my TDi which is a sportback ...

i really am in 2 minds about this, now ive ordered the st3 im tempted to change the stock exhaust before i send off for my maps..i can see both sides to the argument..im hoping to hybrid in the future so if im going to need one anyway..does anyone know the cheapest place to buy the full system from? i imagine it wouldnt be too hard to fit myself..

I can't comment on the Milltek, as I have no personal experience of this brand. But in my experience, for diesels in particular, just changing the back box tends to make the most difference.

Have a look at this graph showing power gain on a TDI170 with a Remus back box (same part no as I need for my 3.2 V6):

0455040504pg.gif

Damn!! That TDi in the youtube vid sounds nice :yes:
Back box and remove cat you guys say eh... sounds like another mod to add to my ever growing list :)

i got cat back resonated on. it is very nice and quiet but until i put foot down then u got nice wushh:). im going to put downpipe next week i will let you know how its sounds after that if you want to

Beddie gave this review on uk-audis

"
Hiya all,
It's been about 1000 miles since i had a Milltek exhaust fitted to my A3 2.0TDi and thought i'd give a quick review of how i've found it so far..
I went for the 'Non-Resonated' version of Milltek's cat back system with the 'Jet' style tailpipes, Milltek do 2 versions for the 2.0Tdi, a resonated, and non-resonated, the difference between the two systems being the deletion of the second silencer in the 'non-resonated' version,
I chose this version as Milltek themselves amongst others recommend it for the diesel cars as it gives a more petrol like sound compared to the non-res system and a happy bonus is it's £50 cheaper
emotion-21.gif

Had the system fitted by the guys at www.psituning.com and the first thing to note is the much improved look of the exhaust compared to the rusty downturned tailpipes of the standard 140PD system, really finishes the rear end of the car off imo! The other obvious difference is in the way the car now drives...
Given a few hundred miles to coke up a bit the exhaust takes on a really nice deep tone without ever being too loud or boomy and i've had the chance to hear my car being driven away and it really does sound nice! Pick up and response is definately improved with the turbo coming on boost a good bit earlier than stock and it really wants to rev low down now, all in all well recommended and a worthwile mod imo
emotion-1.gif
"

SOunds good from what he says..
Base on that what you said shoukd I get miltek non resonated one for mine a3 tdi?