1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Milltek non res

putang Jun 10, 2010

1. putang

putang Member

Just had a milltek cat back fitted to my s3 (3"down pipe to come) I am really surpeised how quiet it is, not that i am complaining because i wanted to keep it quiet. Will the exhaust get louder after time?

2. s3 Hoggy

s3 Hoggy Whats going on???

I have done a thousand miles since having mine fitted and yes it does get a bit louder, still wouldn't say it's loud? It is a nice sound though!

3. jonny87

jonny87 Active Member

i got 3"dp sports cat and miltek non res cat back, unsure how long its been on the car, 4-5 years i reckon

sounds mint, not loud when pootling around town or whatever, but when you give it the beans she has a nice tone, not a roar or anything really throaty, just a nice purr, i also get a few little pops and bangs when down shifting which i like :)

4. jdas03

jdas03 Member

That sounds really nice, what i'm after really! dont want something really loud and chavvy! want something quiet around town and on motorway at cruising speed. But when i floor it i want a nice sound, does it sound alot better than the current exhaust when you give it some welly?

5. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

non res

<embed src="http://img265.imageshack.us/flvplayer.swf?f=P08052010001" width="480" height="380" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/><br/>
    <a href="http://profile.imageshack.us/user/d121m">[More videos from d121m]</a>

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/8654/08052010001.mp4

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  6. sportstractor

sportstractor Chugger

i will buy it from you if its not loud enough:sm4:

7. lukens3

lukens3 Member

non res:yes:

8. putang

putang Member

It's loud enough, I like the fact it's pretty quiet. Sorry mate it's staying on the car.
    What down pipe is a good fit at a decent price

9. S3 Johnny

S3 Johnny The grass isn't always greener

Where did you get it from mate? and how much was it? its just i'm after something the same.
    Thanks Johnny:kissmyrings:

10. putang

putang Member

I ordered it through star performance. the bill was £550 fitted but there was an mot and and a check up with that. Will find out the actual exhaust price without fitting and let you know mate.

11. s3 Hoggy

s3 Hoggy Whats going on???

12. djarchive

djarchive Member

Mines a resonated. I like it. On idle/ revving it just as quite as standard t.b.h. however get on a dual carageway or motorway and she comes alive.

Got a video somehwere... Let me go searching>>>>

13. djarchive

djarchive Member

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  14. putang

putang Member

sounds great djarchive. Where is the best place to get a pipewerx dp, straight from pipewerx? Also whats the cost?

15. djarchive

djarchive Member

Cheers fella.

Ermmmm Well got it straight from Pipewerx nr Skemersdale (Near Liverpool in relation to the UK)

They suppplied all parts inc labour @ around 6/7 hours... plus a sports cat all fitted on the ramps/off for about £700.

The quality of the welds is second to none I.M.O.

16. S3 Johnny

S3 Johnny The grass isn't always greener

Would you guys go for a custom dp and cat??
    Its just someone i know said he can make me one and he owns a fabrication shop.

17. Y83OLK

Y83OLK Hulk Smash!

Has anyone got a pic of the tailpipe choice from milltek?.
    76.2mm jet or special.
    Im still undecided