Milltek Non-res system for s3

MIS3ILE

Reaction score
Hi, can someone please explain the difference between a non-resonated and resonated milltek exhaust system, apologise if im being a stupid tool but im not too clued up on tuning.

Resonated is a quieter system, non resonated in turn is louder. I think it's something to do with baffles.

resonated has an extra box mid system to make it as quiet as a standard exhaust.

Non resonated is louder

Cheers for the reply, im guessing this is a pretty good place to start with tuning then? was goin to get one of these with a forge twintake induction kit the go for a remap.

Cheers for the reply, im guessing this is a pretty good place to start with tuning then? was goin to get one of these with a forge twintake induction kit the go for a remap.

Yeh spot on.

Changing the exhaust was the biggest change when I put mine on.

You might get EML on dash before you remap. (decat definitely, 100 cell almost certain, 200 cell you might not) ignore the light anyway. won't do any harm.

your good for stage 2 and 330bhp+ with that setup.

anymore and you'll need new uprated fuel pump internals.

Yeh spot on.

Changing the exhaust was the biggest change when I put mine on.

You might get EML on dash before you remap. (decat definitely, 100 cell almost certain, 200 cell you might not) ignore the light anyway. won't do any harm.

your good for stage 2 and 330bhp+ with that setup.

anymore and you'll need new uprated fuel pump internals.

Right then.... time to empty the bank account!

What remap would you recommend?? was looking at revo but im not really sure which is the best bet.

Non res 100 cell I went for, will pass MOT and it is the least restrictive. (bar the decat, but that's a ball ache every year and the chances are you'd not notice diddly squit...)

What remap would you recommend?? was looking at revo but im not really sure which is the best bet.

Remap, go for any of the big boys. Revo, AMD, Shark.

Shark I went for, I'm happy with it and the price is better than the others.

I went with Revo and stuck with them for the upgrade path but any of the major players such as AMD,Shark and APR will offer roughly the same.

The resonated exhaust is about as quiet as the stock system but much less restrictive.

I've got a chance at buying a second hand non-res Milltek TBE. I'm a bit concerned about the sound level and have only found a few clips on YouTube, if anyone knows of any good sound clips please let me know.

I've got a chance at buying a second hand non-res Milltek TBE. I'm a bit concerned about the sound level and have only found a few clips on YouTube, if anyone knows of any good sound clips please let me know.

You will get drone at motorway speeds with the non-res which sounds awful and is a PITA on long motorway drives. The resonated system is very quiet though, probably too quiet but it does have a deeper burble on tickover. You can always buy the resonated centre section later?

Reactions: Lima