Milltek for TDI

I got mine from Awesome - cheapest I found, think it was £320 delivered to Northern Ireland

(I think I need to shrink my signature!)

Get the Turbo-Back Miltek, it's worth it so much more!

The downpipe (£140) has a bigger diameter so it lets more exhaust gases out therefore more power and faster reving to a certain limit, maybe a bit more noise!

But its a nightmare to get fitted i think!

I can't be bothered with that. I'm only getting the milltek cuz the 140 exhaust looks horrible! If I had the 170 exhaust, I probably wouldn't bother!

Why not consider going to your local powerflow dealer or someone that sells tips and get them welded on?

You could take the standard exhaust, cut off the current pipes, file it smooth, and get the new pipe welded on?

you could buy the pipes for a votex rear skirt and weld them on - they would be OE Audi at least!

Why not go for the non-resonated version mate? Cheaper than the resonated system...

Adds a little deeper note to the exhaust without being too loud or 'chavvy' whereas the resonated version sounds no different to the stock system, non-res is the one i'm eventually going for.. :icon_thumright:

Agreed about the noise levels - the resonated is no louder if at all than the standard one!

It will "wooooosh" though coming off boost - some people like it, some don't, seems to be a comedy factor in Northern Ireland!

Looks like non-resonated it is. I thought of resonated because the diesel will then be quieter but if thats not gonna make a difference, might as well save myself some money!!

Boydie said:
Why not consider going to your local powerflow dealer or someone that sells tips and get them welded on?

You could take the standard exhaust, cut off the current pipes, file it smooth, and get the new pipe welded on?

you could buy the pipes for a votex rear skirt and weld them on - they would be OE Audi at least!

I agree, if you just want to change the look of the exhaust and not waste lots of money then do this. I did and am happy with the results. Cost was only £65. Took 1 hr. See my thread and pics below. Plus you get to keep the standard exhaust so no probs with warranty.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=42629&highlight=powerflow+exhaust

Cooky

It took me and a mate about an hour in total to jack the car up, remove the old exhaust and fit the new one and allign it - easy job to be honest lol

I still have my old exhaust which is stored in the shed! keeping it though to stick back on as my miltek will fit a golf gti :)

does anyone have know of any vids of the tdi's with a miltek resonated or not?

may be thinking of getting one but bit worried about noise!
the fact the resonated isnt louder appeals to me:icon_thumright:

dont praise me too much bowfer my first car had a loud exhaust:)

question though is there much point in the exhuast if it is resonated? performance wise?

sorry fella weren very clear didnt mean just you:blush:
was just talking in general about the exhausts

that is alright and cheaper than audi!
i may visit my local exhaust place at the weekend:thumbsup:

There is little, if any noise difference when you fit a milltek exhaust!!!

Boydie said:

I think these have been put on my 140, when i get her i'll post some pics.

i doubt they would notice they look standard:)

unless you get 6 8inch pipes coming out of your boot or something stupid like that!!

i i can say is why?:think: