1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Milltek Exhaust

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by concoursneil, Dec 12, 2003.

1. concoursneil

concoursneil Member

[Dec 12, 2003]
    Im thinking of buying a Milltek exhaust for my A3 T
    has anyone got any pics they can post of one you have fitted so i can see what it looks like.
    Ps how much louder is it than Std.
    If you have any other reccomendations can you advise please
    Cheers
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. Speedo

Speedo Member

[Dec 12, 2003]
    My bro has it for his Mk4 Golf and it looks and sounds the part. If you want something loud then forget this exhaust... this is slightly louder than the original exhaust and gives u a little more punch on the accel!! I certainly recommend it, aint seen it on the A3 as yet but im sure it would do teh same job as with the Mk4!! The purr is just purrfect!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
  4. concoursneil

concoursneil Member

[Dec 12, 2003]
    I dont want it loud, who the hell wants to sound like a 17yr old boy racer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
  5. nfluester

nfluester Member

[Dec 12, 2003]
    there is a small picture From AMD with the "Jet" style milltek, looks like they have just made a smal cut out of the standard valance:
    [​IMG]

on the golfs they use the 4-Motion rear valance which already has a cut out however I doubt this would fit and A3

the other option is the Q-look which is nicly hidden away very stealthy it's also sightly quieter as it points downwards:

[​IMG]
  6. V5Ade

V5Ade New Member

[Dec 12, 2003]
    I have a Milltek on my MkIV Golf. It sounds great, but not too noisy, so I can still ferry my little boy around in the car and it does not irritate me on my daily M3 commute. It is very well built, the welding is superb.
    I did have to use a 4-motion valance, and I can confirm that the 4-motion part will not fit an A3.
  7. wezhaz

wezhaz Member

[Dec 13, 2003]
    On a 1998 1.8 T Sport with the factory bodykit.
  8. wezhaz

wezhaz Member

[Dec 13, 2003]
    On a 1998 1.8 T Sport with the factory bodykit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif