Millers Oils Power Sport 4

alphamail

alphamail
Reaction score
Website
www.750mph.com
Has anyone used this diesel performance additive? It claims to boost power by up to 17.5 bhp which I find a little hard to believe.
Obviously I would love to be convinced!

I have used it but I am not sure about the power increase but it is meant to increase the mpg which I think it did. It costs about £10.
Regards
Pete Seeva

Thanks Pete. I wonder if you get more than your ten pounds back in extra fuel consumption? It also claims to reduce the soot, I don't know if you have any observations on this?
Best, James

I've used it in my A6 (55k miles) and in my Seat Ibiza TDi (less than 6k miles) and it made more of a difference in the A6 then the Seat (which I expected). More mpg, better top speed, and eventually better throttle response.
Forte additives are better though (http://www.forteuk.co.uk/) .

Cheers chopper. In what way are Forte additives better? By the way does it reduce the soot as claimed?
Best, James

Can't say I noticed a difference in soot, but it does seem to reduce the amount of exhaust smoke emitted.

Forte products are normally only available to the trade, I know the local rep. so can get the odd single product rather than having to buy a full case, and the results from the forte diesel additive are certainly more immediate than the millers stuff. They have good documented proof of garages running forte oil flush before changing oil, then using a couple of quarter tanks of fuel with the diesel additive and it restores compression pressures etc etc.
I used the petrol additive in my 2CV and it seemed to get rid of a slight hesitation around 2k revs.

(I'm not in the trade and these are my completely non-scientific findings!)

I have been using a bottle of the Miller's stuff for a couple of months now and to be honest can't say i've noticed much improvement. I'm tracking fuel consumption, average speed etc - this may show a difference in the pre additive numbers but my day to day gut feel is that there's no appreciable difference.

I run a '06 A6 2.0L TDi manual btw.

I was running a vectra 1.9cdti 150bhp which was fitted with a crd2 tuning box giving it about 195bhp. On fitting the box I noticed much more smoke under hard acceleration.
I started using millers diesel power 4 and within a short time the smoke problem became less apparent.
I also noticed better throttle response but no chance of any marked increase in bhp as I would've noticed due to my brisk style of driving...lol