Miles to a full tank (TQS OWNERS)

I can see this is old thread but im new! when I picked up my a4 b5 tqs 72000 miles 2 owners . it had 42mpg as the average on the trip computer I know that probably a bit out but it was surprising and yet another reason why bought it, since I got it home home its been 28.1mpg.
I think its possible to do 40+ mpg but only if you live in the country side and drive at 50 all the time never see any traffic .

Wow. 42. Mine wouldn't managed that in the back of a flatbed lorry. 25 in a run sub 20 in town and single figures when blowing more expensive cars away. Lol

Reactions: slepy and fullpower
mine averages 32ish over a tank.

I've managed low 40's on a single run home from work (about 40 miles), resetting the computer before i set off. Problem is it drops off super quick if you start throwing in any cold starts or short journeys.

Stock AJL TQS here with 180 and a slight vacuum leak...judging by the hissing noise every time I switch off!

I've been using Fuelly since buying the beginning of May and the best I've managed is 371 out of a tank. I agree with aragorn...when the computer shows 0miles it's usually got a good gallon left. On this occasion it took 58.32 litres to fill so I must have been running on fumes! My best MPG to date is 32.54 and my worst is 23.04 (but that was towing a small trailer with all my winter fire wood!)

Does anyone use any of the redex or similar additives?

Hissing noise is probably the AC ;)

Only additive i've used is some octane booster in the avant when i was on holiday up north and couldnt get VPower.

Do these octane boosters work as going to get some for the trip to ireland or try fill up the tank at holyhead with some momentum ?

well my car didnt blow up, and i used full throttle "quite a lot" overtaking slower traffic.

I dont know if the stuff worked, or if it would have been fine, but better safe than sorry.

That said, i also managed to get 97 octane, so it was 97 plus the booster rather than 95.

I have a full unopened bottle of super duper fancypants "NF Octane Booster" thats supposed to be the dogs whatsit, which didnt arrive in time for my trip, resulting in me buying some stuff from halfords instead.

The bottle claims it adds up to 6 RON in the maximum concentration (the whole bottle!), or you can use less for less increase.