1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mileage till next service on DIS

vishal Sep 13, 2006

1. vishal

vishal Member

Hi All,

Recently had my car serviced at Amersham Audi, about 2 weeks ago, and when i got the car back the DIS read 9300 miles till next service.

After owning 3 Audi S3's, every time i get the car serviced, the mileage usually goes up after a few 100 miles upto about 14k till next service, but, on this occasion, its already gone down to 8600 miles!

I consider myself to be a moderate driver, and do about 20 miles a day to work and back, any idea as to why this could happen?

Ive spoken to the dealer, and they say that the ECU will need to re-adjust itself to my driving style, but still, for a long life service, the mileage should surley show a higher number of miles to next service

2. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

There is a chance that they have not set it up properly, A local dealer did this to mine, I had to take the car back and have it reset back to long life service. Once done it behaved as you have described.