1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mileage Query

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Nilz, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

Right guys, about a month ago, I had an issue with my battery dying on the car, it turned it was an issue with the alternator and it was reverse charging, so it was charging whilst the car was running and draining whilst it wasnt running. This obviously killed my battery, but once the alternator was replaced and the battery was charged up and running again it was fine.

Whilst all this happened I was working away and doing a good few miles everyday. I have now changed jobs and do alot less miles, so about 4 miles a day now (if that) and last week my battery died again!!!

I got the AA out who did a battery and alternator test and they confirmed that the alternator was fine, however the battery needed replacing.

I got the battery replaced by them and all seems to be ok now, however, my query is, doing so little miles now, will that cause me any issues with the car, warming up, battery etc???

Oh and sods law, I couldnt find my receipt anywhere for my battery to replace it as it was less than 2 years old and then found it today, but its too late as AA said they had to take the battery to recycle it once they supplied me with one off the van. I didn't argue it but is this the case too??
  2. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

Nilz, so long as the car gets upto temp on your run, and I presume you'd be in traffic as opposed to a straight run, it should be fine mate, though not great for fuel economy. You might also benefit from switching your stereo and CC off before you turn your car off. Just make it a habit.
    Nilz likes this.