Mikes budget 1.8t build

Mike1.8t

Reaction score
So I'd better tell you guys a wee bit about how I got the car to start off, heard of a lad wanting rid of a clean bodied and interior 1.8t with 10 months mot but a knackered engine, went to have a look, came away with a bargain :grin:
She looked like this, nothing special but a clean car in a rare colour from what I've heard !

Immediately got on the phone to the local breakers who had an ajq engine sitting with 60k on it so I got that one home and got to work getting the old one out and the air con removed completely
Got a few new bits already stacking up to go on with the new engine, 2 new mounts, a full service kit, an s2000 filter and importantly a timing belt
Hopefully have it in and going by end of next week, only getting at the car from 7pm to 10:30pm every second weeknight after work but I'm working away at it, hoping to get a few power mods done and a map soon, il keep you guys updated though

Reactions: Nimbus265
Looking forward to seeing how you get on. One question tho has it got 2 different sets of wheels on it?

Looking forward to seeing how you get on. One question tho has it got 2 different sets of wheels on it?

The photos are with two different sets of wheels yeah mate, got more sets than I will ever use lying around from standard Audi wheels to bbs lm's haha

Thanks for the interest guys, time for an update :whistle2:

Car is now up and running, really happy with it, seems to have a good bit of power behind it even standard.
:car::dashsymbol:
Can't wait to get a few bits on it and get a wee bit more power out of it, surprised with how well it drives to be honest
Only pain of the whole car is the insurance being that I'm only 18 and have 3 points:frown:
The best quote iv had yet is £2000 but that won't put me off, got another years no claims due in March so i'll wait till then to put it on the road, plenty time for mods

Quick wee update again, got rid of the hideous chrome aerial that was on it and the rear wiper aswell, the **** end is looking a bit better now !

Also got my spare rocker clean ready for satin black paint tomorrow

Got the s2k filter on also, bought some harnesses and a set of seats too