MIGGZ's A3 1.8t - The all rounder build thread

I'm surprised you've left the front panel on for all of this work, it's SO nice to work on with the front end removed.

So after struggling to get that crap and sticky black paint off that I think the guy I got it from used tar to paint it with....

u4u6usu3.jpg

I found blue underneath.
But it was painted like *** so that also had to come off!!!

besezese.jpg

And nearly half a day was wasted getting that paint off. But its now all painted up and looking pretty! Next up is making the spacer bracket then to fit them

aqume5eg.jpg

Just a little update.

Sent my drawings in for the spacer for the rear brakes.
Got my ADR intake cam, got my block back and head so that should be all done on the car then its fitting time.

Sent both engine mounts in to get some medium compound poly filling so that's sorted to

dybu9ysu.jpg

uranamer.jpg

Looking good bud.
Who did the mountings for you? My gearbox side is worn badly....

So another update motor is 90% complete and should be putting in on tuesday or wednesday

vajyzudy.jpg

aqutuze5.jpg

yvybery2.jpg

abydazy3.jpg

vehegy6u.jpg

Last edited:
Got motor on tuesday late afternoon

e8u8aqu7.jpg

I had some stupid moments with it that night lol
Put fly on, torqued it with lock-tight, put clutch and plate on then box and put all the bolts on...... And forgot to put the flex plate on so had to remove everything again and struggle to get the bolts loose lol

9e3upy8e.jpg

My awesomely shaped valves.....
GO HOME VALVE.... You're drunk

hudady5y.jpg

And I sorted out the bolts

a4evuzuz.jpg

And motor was ready to go in and be mounted

9uty8yjy.jpg

jy7uve5y.jpg

Put some temp stuff like the crap filter, no catch can and battery to see if it will crank and start.

ydybujag.jpg

Unplugged coils and cranked on and off for about 2 minutes to build some oil pressure, then plugged coils in and started.
It started 1st time and was alive, smooth idle, no leaks or anything. Very happy with the build and grateful for the mates that helped me.

On tuesday it will get a oil change, adjustable fuel pressure reg and some retuning then once I'm happy with it I'm off to the rollers to see if I keep my status of strongest K03s lol

Reactions: Unitronic
So went for some logs, fault codes and oil change.
Very happy with what I saw, except for 2 things.

1: getting incorrect heating and open circuit on bank1 sensor1 lambda

2: my injectors are 100% @ 21 duty cycles

So car was running lean, yosh recons I need 4bar and to change wideband.
So got cracking yesterday and changed lambda and my mate had a 4bar for me so changed that to. The car is running like a champ so happy with it.

Iv booked it in at UNITRONIC for tomorrow morning for some more tuning and run logs again. Gona drive it get it running 100s then off to dyno next tuesday to see the power! Maybe ill be stronger then Jardo hahahah

On another note my replacement glowshift oil pressure sensor arrived yesterday so going to fit that tonight or something then I can see my pressure.

Sounding good Miggles, very happy for you mate!

Can't wait to see the results, will you get a dyno printout so we can see how the built motor with ADR cam and flowed head work on a ko3s?

Sounding good Miggles, very happy for you mate!

Can't wait to see the results, will you get a dyno printout so we can see how the built motor with ADR cam and flowed head work on a ko3s?

Thanks dude much appreciated
For sure I'll get the WHP reading and BHP for you english people hahahahha

so i thought i would update my mod list so far:

Motor:

samco tip
76mm induction
forge 008 dv
76mm dp
76mm catback with 1 resinator and 1 box
fmic
snow stage 2 water meth
UNITRONIC stage 2 with 24psi map
WOTbox
powerflex dog bone
IE RD rods
Caleco bearings
polished & balanced crank
flowed head
ADR intake cam
4bar FPR
IE style 2.0 16v cambelt
flowed intake maifold
poly engine mounts
VALEO smf clutch
n249 + SAI delete
FORGE carbon fibre engine cover

interior:

JVC double din dvd player
infinity 5 1/4 splits in front
infinity 6" co ax rear
pheonix gold 4ch 1200watt amp
memphiss monoblock
pheonix gold 12" sub in a ported box
TT pedals
glowshift gauges

Exterior:

cupra lip
colour coded bumpers
S3 boot spoiler
35% tinted windows
yellow fogs
slight tinted headlights with HID kit
plastidip grill
smoothed rear lid (no badges )

suspension + handling:

solid LCA bushes
JOM coilovers
JOM adjustable links
18" SSW 8j wheels
215/35/18 achillies tyres
DOT 5.1 brake fluid
VARI 6pot calipers front
312mm heat treated grooved disks
braided lines
EBC BLUEstuff
256mm vented rear disk
S3 rear calipers
90mm stud conversion with 48mm MONSTER blue open end lug nuts ( still to be fitted)
2x 15mm hub centric spacer
2x 10mm hub centric spacer
2x 5mm hub centric spacer
6x 16" OEM rims with Bridgstone 205/50
7x 17" bridgestone semi's on TSW rims

i think thats it so far......

Reactions: Unitronic
Great stuff Boet! I'm the dealer in Scotland. Know Yoshen Maistry from Unitronic pages. I'm busy with my second project S3 my self and cant wait to start.....Think I will need a doubl Vodka & Coke after. LOL

Great stuff Boet! I'm the dealer in Scotland. Know Yoshen Maistry from Unitronic pages. I'm busy with my second project S3 my self and cant wait to start.....Think I will need a doubl Vodka & Coke after. LOL

Lol boet!

Get some pics up would like to see that, yosh also has a SEAT here its the mother of all FI cars here, with enough traction he could spin the world faster

Mine is a A3 good sir not S3.
But the software is amazing, iv had a few different maps from different turners before but must say I'm extremely happy with it and the service will always recommend UNI to anyone

I got cracking on replacing my oil sensor tonight.

The two sensors together

ahege3e9.jpg

The reason why this gauge was faulty

sana5epa.jpg

bave6u5y.jpg

New sensor that has not folded itself

ybadu4ev.jpg

The port it will be going into

qa8ezy4u.jpg

a7ada6a4.jpg

aseduqan.jpg

Sensor in, wired and working well I finally have pressure

rumahuta.jpg

And engine cover finally put back on and looking preddy

razypupa.jpg

Looking good Miggles!

I never knew that plug could be used as an oil pressure take off! I'm considering getting a gauge for mine as well, just to be safe.

Hope the new engine is still running well for you :) Mapping today isn't it?

Looking good Miggles!

I never knew that plug could be used as an oil pressure take off! I'm considering getting a gauge for mine as well, just to be safe.

Hope the new engine is still running well for you :) Mapping today isn't it?

Yeah dude got the idea from my VR6 its easy and out the way and looks neat. I stress without having my gauge, I want oil temp, water temp and air fuel now. But to broke for that sh1t!

Yeah dude sitting in the workshop waiting for Yosh's laptop to rape my ecu

Every time you mention him, I imagine this dude trying to map your car:

special-shoe-yoshi-18316382-864-733.jpg

I'm sure it's in good hands :laugh:

Bwaahahahahhahahahahahahahahha yosh is a little darker!
Na dude its in very good hands no one else except for lee @ G-tec, Dwayne and myself will touch my car

I'm baaaaaaack!

Car is fuging amazing its pulling so strong from start to finish.
When we did the 1st run the car was pulling 9' timing, after yosh did some settings and played with the meth settings we were down to 4.5' at full chat with outside temp being 28'!
He is very happy with my car and even me more!

All my apologies for bursting in on your post MIGGZ......Remember that anything more then -3 timing can be dangerous for your car. When you change a setting always have it data logged. When you run higher boost settings always come down a notch on the timing.

I have noticed you are using WMI MIGGZ, if you don't mind me asking what mix are you using?

All my apologies for bursting in on your post MIGGZ......Remember that anything more then -3 timing can be dangerous for your car. When you change a setting always have it data logged. When you run higher boost settings always come down a notch on the timing.

I have noticed you are using WMI MIGGZ, if you don't mind me asking what mix are you using?

I know that but remember our altitude is 1870m above sea level and we in summer so today was only 28degree c.

I'm at 1.5bar boost, I run my wmi mix at 60meth 40distelled water