Middlebox delete on a TQS.

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
Basically I'm looking at doing the middle box delete on mine and want to know what you used in it's place, part numbers/supplier or did you get a custom pipe made up ?? Any pics of yours fitted would be great.

Cheers

Brad.

It will be stupidly loud mate, had my milltek done on my 2.8 a while back for all of a day before I put it back on! Fair enough the 2.8 might be a bit louder than your TQS, but not by a huge amount. I had a straight bit of stainless pipe put in place. Costs about £50. do yourself a favour and look into getting a different backbox instead or decatting....

With standard backbox in place and cat it wont make it much louder at all. Give it a bit more noise but nothing major.

I just bought some flexi exhaust section which was 20quid but that was to do the whole thing from downpipe back. Other wise i paid 11quid for a 2meter section of pipe and cut that up. On Ebay from Jetex you can buy stainless piping which isnt that badly priced. Just cut the box out and replace with new section. You just end up loosing the hanger on the box.

I may wait then and get a custom 3" downpipe and system made from topgear in Stockport. I already have a ths decat fitted.

I sent a section of centre pipe to a member on here and he did a mid box delete, sounded ok, also Oranoco did a mid box delete on his system, and it was ok too.

I have a 3 inch system with S4 exhaust at the rear with 100 cell cat and it sounds good when you are on it, but silent enough on motorway as she is my daily driver.

Hmm doesnt sound that loud to be honest..Must still have a center box too

Mine (1.8T) is now decat and centre box removed (replaced with about 800mm of 2" pipe). still standard rear box.

Sounds nice, subtle, but a lovely burble when letting the revs drop off and a bit more noise when booting it (and the turbo feels as though its spooling faster), planning on getting a nice backbox next...

Yeah I felt a bit of a difference when I fitted the decat only slightly noticeable but definitely acts on the turbo better on throttle response.