1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Middle brake light stuck on

S3 chj Feb 3, 2013

1. S3 chj

S3 chj Member

Hi guys I bought an s3 today 51 plate, its got a couple of little problems but one that is really annoying is the middle brake light is stuck on the main two in the lights work ok, it's giving me a warning on the dis every time I take my foot of the brake pedal, does anyone have any ideas what could cause this ?

Cheers Chris.

2. Gops

Gops Badger 5 Edition VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Audi S3

I dunno tbh sounds like some sort of circuit that's causing it to stay permanently on. Checked your brake switch? The tailgate spoiler light sounds dodgey and worth having a look at. Disconnect it, then reconnect it, see if that works. Did that once on a range at work and worked a charm :)

3. S3 chj

S3 chj Member

Ok I will get my tools out tomorrow if the weather is ok, any idea where the connection plug is ?

4. S3 chj

S3 chj Member

Just had a quick look to make sure it was still on and it only comes on when the lights are switched on, very strange I think.

5. Gops

Gops Badger 5 Edition VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Audi S3

Main lights? Im guessing here but you changed your bulbs? Might be some short circuit.

6. S3 chj

S3 chj Member

Ok I will change all the bulbs over and go from them there

7. S3 chj

S3 chj Member

All sorted they guy I bought it of put a stop bulb in not a stop and tail.