Michelin PS3 they didnt last long

9k, how the hell you driving, you should be proud of that! the rears are normally only 1mm behind.

And the worst thing is Michelin normally make the longest lasting tyres, so you'll be even more underwhelmed if you change brands.

On an S3 I got 22k out of the Michelin Pilot Exaltos but only 18k out of the Conti Sport 3's. The Conti's were better and cheaper, but then they lasted 4k less.

22k!!! You must drive like a granny!!
I once got 5k out of a set of Toyos on the front on my LCR.
They were too soft(and crap for that matter) and was glad to get them off.
PS2's lasted 8k.

I can get 22k out of a set of Michelins normally. If your going through tyres at 9k miles then you must be giving them a real hard time!

I can get 22k out of a set of Michelins normally. If your going through tyres at 9k miles then you must be giving them a real hard time!

What he said. The tyres on my old 16's lasted 30,000miles each! Michellin Pilots and Michellin Primacys. Yes they also gripped well in both conditions (Primacys not so much in the wet), and that is with mixed driving styles. I have no need to drive the car like a '****' all the time, especially when I'm going back and to to work so it's not granny driving, it's called driving sensibly.

I dcrive 12,000 miles a year amd 70% is motorway so dont get it, I reckon the Michelin PS3's will do about 11,000 before being illegal but I normally change them at 2mm. I got 14,000 out of the Goodyear Asym in the past and saw far less of the traction control light too, so will be going for a set of 4 of the new Goodyear Asym2, Micheldever tyres have them at a great price fully fitted at £122 per corner !

I gonna go for Toyos this time, ordered, had them on an RX8 was very impressed over the stock on that car, that was rwd, they lasted ages. my CS2's down about 14k I think, still couple k left as well.

I gonna go for Toyos this time, ordered, had them on an RX8 was very impressed over the stock on that car, that was rwd, they lasted ages. my CS2's down about 14k I think, still couple k left as well.

How can you rate Toyos, they are c**p!!!
Dry grip ok but side wall too soft
Wet grip, crap
Wear rate really crap!
We are talking T1R's here right?

How can you rate Toyos, they are c**p!!!
Dry grip ok but side wall too soft
Wet grip, crap
Wear rate really crap!
We are talking T1R's here right?

Well I have had them before and was quite impressed, they lasted well for me on a RWD, I found the wet grip was far better than the stock tyres on my RX8, I am mostly looking at dry summer grip, as I put winter tyres on my car. you have to remember I do not drive like a lunatic all the time, I guess if you really go past a point of abuse they wear very fast, my point abuse is really not that often, I like straight line over taking :)

I dont really care once they go, if they are crap I will replace with something else.

Last edited:
Well I have had them before and was quite impressed, they lasted well for me on a RWD, I found the wet grip was far better than the tyres on my RX8, I am mostly looking at dry summer grip, as I put winter tyres on my car. you have to remember I do not drive like a lunatic all the time, I guess if you really go past a point of abuse they wear very fast, my point abuse is really not that often, I like straight line over taking :)

I dont really car once they go, if they are crap I will replace with something else.

you must drive pretty fast mate! i have PS2 and ive had them for 11k on a stage 2+ S3. still got 2mm left! and i drive ermmm fast?