Michelin Pilot Sport 2 / Michelin Pilot Sport

jm-baker

Reaction score
Just rang local garage to order 2 new tyres.

I currently have PS2's all round, tho 2 have the older V-Tread, and two have the newer Asymetric parallel tread pattern.

They said the PS2 now only comes in the new parallel tread pattern, but i can have the v-tread, but its just a pilot sport, not pilot sport "2".

What is the difference between the PS2 and the PS?

Cheers

unsure really! iv got the same 2 are the V shape and 2 are the newer shape tread

You've pretty much summed up the main differences vetween the PS & PS2 !!!

The PS2's are what many Porsches are supplied with from the factory, I think they are an awesome all round tyre

if you have a choice between the 2, always go for the PS2. they are much better than the first version. and they are oem for most top end cars like bmw, benz etc. they are slightly off the new version goodyear f1's in terms of dry/wet grip but they will last longer as they are a harder compound, so for me they make the most sense...

Just had 2 new PS2's put on the rear today. Decided to go for the PS2 as its obviuosly an upgrade from the original PS.

One thing i noticed, and wasn't expecting was how much quieter and smoother the ride is now !! Its really noticable, tho the rears they replaced were on the limit at 1.6mm, so didnt have a great deal of rubber left.

Very happy with the decision! And will replace the two PS1's i have on the front with PS2's when they are shot!!

James

i think you should have rotated the front and rears while you were having the tyres put on. some people say 4wd cars wear the fronts/rears more evenly, but i still think that the best tyres should be on the front. i mean they deal with direction changes and most of the braking forces right? just my 2 cents...