1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mfsw

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by sbhoy17, May 3, 2010.

1. sbhoy17

sbhoy17 Member

hi guys im just about to buy a flat bottom mfsw i have a 07 S3 ive read on here i might need to buy a control module and maybe a slip ring do i get these from audi or is there any where else i can get these parts just looking at the whole package cost before i buy the wheel would appreciate any info thanks

2. davej_anderson

If you don't have VCDS to run a scan, best to ask your Audi parts guys to confirm what parts you already have fitted (need you chassis number) and then do a search on here what the general consensus is as to what parts are required.

I have a suspicion that you probably already have the correct slip ring

3. Boydie

Boydie Boycie
    VCDS Map User

Do you already have a multifunction wheel in your S3?

If you do, it's just a matter of swopping out the old wheel and replacing it with the FBMFSW

4. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk
    Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

If you don't have the steering control module i may have one later this week up for grabs.
    the part numbers as far as i know are:
    Slip ring: 1K0 959 653 D
    Steering ECU: 8P0 953 549 F

Other than that its just the Steering wheel and the Air bag, and you may even need the steering wheel airbag loom which i think Stoke Audi do for about £20.

you can take the Ecu from me for £50
    and here is a link to the slip ring:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2008Audi-A3-T...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a5a446e68

5. sbhoy17

sbhoy17 Member

cheers thanks for the info mate phoned glasgow audi today and they would not tell me what parts i needed or what parts i had on my car c`mon whats that all about my hungarian friend who has got the fbmfsw has the slipring that i need for sale so yeh i will take the control module off your hands :icon_thumright:

6. Boydie

Boydie Boycie
    VCDS Map User

Do you definately need it though??

Does your car already come with multi function? I was under the impression it was standard in all S3's

If you already have multi function, you will just have to swop over the steering wheels - plain and simple!

7. sbhoy17

sbhoy17 Member

hi mate no my s3 just has the standerd s3 wheel not mf just bought the wheel and slipring tonight so should be with me in a few days and hopefully get the control module off itwasntme187 by end of week ive just bought an RNS-E this week aswell the wifes doing her nut ill post some pics once its all in thanks again lads for all the info:icon_thumright: