1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MFSW

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by IanFM, Jan 20, 2013.

1. IanFM

IanFM Active Member

[Jan 20, 2013]
    Hi guys.

Sorry to dig this up again but have done a bit of searching and can't seem to get a definitive answer.

I have managed to get my hands on a mfsw from a 2001 s3 which looks identical to the standard 4 spoke wheel on my 04 a4 apart obviously from the radio buttons (3 down each side of the air bag). Now my car has full dis and cruise so I'm fairly sure I have the correct steering wheel control module. My question is what else am I likely to need to change these over?

Cheers in advance guys!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

[Jan 20, 2013]
  4. jb0o

jb0o North East Forum Moderator Regional Rep Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jan 20, 2013]
    I wouldn't be so sure that you have the correct Steering Module for MFSW, you can easily check this by undoing the 2 T8 screws securing the top cowling to the bottom, lift the top cowling and read the part number. You can do this with the steering wheel still on.

If you have the correct Steering ECU then you'll also need a new airbag harness and a slipring.
  5. IanFM

IanFM Active Member

[Jan 20, 2013]
    Thanks for the replies so far guys.

Sandra I had read through that previously and unfortunately its for fitting a b7 steering wheel to a b6 so wasn't sure how much would apply when fitting what I suspect is a b6 steering wheel.

Jb I read elsewhere on this forum that the highline steering wheel ecu required for cruise and dis also allowed mfsw?!?
  6. archemist

archemist Member VCDS Map User

[Jan 20, 2013]
    ross tech say:

Cruise Control Retrofitting (8E) - Ross-Tech Wiki

so according to them highline is only needed for steering wheel heating - hence mid-line, if you have it, may work anyway.

the parts catalogue only list one slip ring right up to 2005

[TD="bgcolor: #D7DBD3"]

[TD="width: 50, align: center"]10[/TD]

8E0953541E

[/TD]

[TD="bgcolor: #E1E1E1"][/TD]

[TD="bgcolor: #E1E1E1"][/TD]

[TD="bgcolor: #E1E1E1"]cancelling ring with slip ring and steering sensor / F >> 8E-4-400 000

[/TD]
    so that's a bit odd

will look further into it

And
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013