1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mfsw retrofit

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by heole03, Jan 12, 2013.

1. heole03

heole03 New Member

[Jan 12, 2013]
    Hi I have an 8p from 2008 and want to upgrade my 4 spoke sterring wheel for a 3 spoke mutil function steerig wheel that I found on ebay. Both are with the square airbag cover and I thourght that thevairbag module would fit. However the airbag cover is naturally a little bit different on the 3 spoke compared to the 4 spoke.

Is it possible to replace just the airbag cover or do I need a complete new airbag?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 27, 2014]

3. mike foster

mike foster Fossie VCDS Map User

[Jan 12, 2013]
    Can you post pics of the back of both please together with a pic of the wheel you want to fit.

You need to upload to photobucket or similar first and then post the image file ( if you didn't already know ! ).

Edit : don't forget to identify which is which !!!
  4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jan 12, 2013]
    If you can find a cover its a maybe, but you need to compare airbag bases to be 100% sure, iirc when I checked, I noticed the 4 spoke I had to research, was different shape to the 3, so didnt continue researching as wasnt worthwhile.
  5. heole03

heole03 New Member

[Jan 12, 2013]
    Thanks for the replies. I have used a couple of hours searching for a cover for the 3-spoke without luck. Guess there is no way out of buying a new airbag:(
  6. NHN

[Jan 12, 2013]
    I have a complete dsg mfsw for sale with airbag if of help.
  7. WALTO TDI

WALTO TDI Member

[Jan 13, 2013]
    Can you take the paddles off the DSG wheel so that it serves just as a standard MFSW? does yours have the silver buttons? and how much do you want for it?
  8. gary3306

gary3306 Active Member VCDS Map User

[Jan 13, 2013]
    The paddles can be removed. I have a B8 A4 DSG MFSW on my A4, but I just left them on. They don't hinder anything, I never notice they're there now, and when I put the car back to standard and put the standard MFSW back on, the DSG wheel can still be sold as such.
  9. NHN

[Jan 13, 2013]
    Exactly, the paddles are so minimal anyway, they dont get in the way & you can only see the tops very minimally I wouldnt bother removing thm, as it would leave a hole at rear, but that cant be seen tbh as its hidden behind the cluster.

Nope mines not silver buttons, just red/white stitching iirc.