1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MFSW retro fit - please help

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Irish EK, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Irish EK

Irish EK Member

[Oct 10, 2011]
    my 2005 Audi A4 S line currently has a 3 spoke steering wheel fitted. it is not MFSW and i do not have cruise control or a trip computer.

i am bidding on a B8 MFSW on ebay. what exactly do i need to make it fit?? and would anyone have part numbers for reference? thanks.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 31, 2014]

3. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

[Oct 10, 2011]
    This is a common thread so I suggest you search on this forum and Google. You need more than just the steering wheel:

Steering wheel control module
    Slip ring
    Harness
    VAG COM
  4. rowdyboy

rowdyboy Member

[Oct 10, 2011]
    I have a slip ring to sell, with the correct pins, PM me if you're interested.
  5. Irish EK

Irish EK Member

[Oct 11, 2011]
    Wrath, you did this install, a B8 wheel didnt you?!

So i need a b8 wheel starting with part number 8k0 dont i?! A slip ring with 12 pins, which i have pm'd rowdyboy boy about and vagcom which my indy has.

Does anyone have the part numbers for the control module and harness? And do i need an airbag harness if i already have a 3 spoke wheel?! Thanks, i nearly have what i need!
  6. rowdyboy

rowdyboy Member

[Oct 13, 2011]
    Hi Irish, I'm replying to all your PM's but I don't think youre getting them for some reason. PM me your personal email address and I'll do it that way.
  7. Irish EK

Irish EK Member

[Oct 13, 2011]
    hey rowdyboy, havent been on computer for a few days but have been getting and replying to your messages via phone. not sure if you have been getting them?! anyway have PM'd you here!
  8. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

[Oct 13, 2011]
    Yes, B8 wheel fits but don't get an A3 wheel (part number begins 8P0) as it won't fit.

You'll also need a steering wheel control module and yes you need a new harness (around £13 from Audi). Plenty of websites with the part numbers you need, just hit Google.