1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MFSW oddities and other A3 changes

g-man Feb 18, 2011

1. g-man

g-man Member

Hi folks,

Over the last two days, I've had a courtesy car as my A3 2.0 TDi went in to get (yet another) turbo replaced! (Another long story).

Anyway, on the 60 plate A3 1.8T that I got (with S-tronic), I see that Audi have made some changes that I found quite irritating.

First was the unlock door button on the drivers door is round the other way! Very annoying. :banghead:

Second was somewhat illogical and it concerns the MFSW, on the left hand side scroll wheel when playing a CD and moving the scroll wheel in the UP direction, it moved the track backwards (i.e. from track 2 to 1), yet in my A3 (06 plate), it goes in what (to my mind) is more logical, to the NEXT track (i.e. track 2 to 3).

I'm sure mine did this before and I somehow managed to reverse the buttons so it works 'properly', any idea how it's done?

Cheers

2. mike foster

mike foster Fossie VCDS Map User

VCDS !!!!

3. sub39h

sub39h Active Member

the track thing i guess is down to how you think of it. on my MFSW if you scroll up the track NUMBER goes up i.e. 1 to 2

but if you think of it as a list:

Track 1
    Track 2
    Track 3
    Track 4
    etc.

it makes sense for the scroll wheel to adjust the tracks in the way you're describing. tbh it took me a while to get used to the way that my MFSW adjusts tracks

4. g-man

g-man Member

I guess it's what you get used to but I prefer it the way it is in my current car rather than the courtesy one.

Maybe because I'm left handed, I always look at a list from the bottom to the top so what I have now suits me better. :)

I take it VCDS is something to do with Vehicle Coding so if it's changeable then no issues.