1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MFSW lead help needed please

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Shane., Aug 21, 2011.

1. Shane.

Shane. Member

Right after thinking we finally had everything needed yesterday went to finally get the MFSW working then realised yet again TPS has sent us the wrong lead (was from an A4) basically I have a 2010 A3 mfsw and need the lead that goes inside from slip ring to dual stage airbag to mfsw controls. As far as we know that is the final problem that needs sorting and it should all work.

Also something else that confused us the slipring has 8 pins, yet the steering ECU only has 6 inputs out of the 8, the steering ecu shows it being the correct model and is the same as a MK5 Golf R32 steering ecu which has MFSW as standard.
  2. Shane.

Shane. Member

Bump, really getting desperate now. TPS sent us the wrong lead yet again (think that's the 6th time) this time part number started with 8E basically I need the lead that sits inside the steering wheel that goes Slipring>Steering controls>Dual stage air bag. Everyone we have had so far has single stage airbag and a block connector (4 pin slots on top 4 on bottom) for steering controls, mine is a narrow style (only single row has 3 pins at one end) )

Thanks
    Shane
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  3. Ash187

Ash187 Audi Retrofitter

i think the part number that you need is 8P0 971 589 Q
    im pretty sure thats the part number i used when i ordered by MFSW harness from stoke audi last year
  4. mike foster

mike foster Fossie

That's the one I used when I fitted mfsw !
  5. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

When i fitted a duel stage airbag to a single stage car the plug/socket was the same

[​IMG]

This was the single stage wheel and the airbag connection (yellow) pluged straight in on the single and duel airbag to the corresponding yellow plug on the steering column .
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  6. Shane.

Shane. Member

Cheers mate will have a look at that, is that dual stage?
    The yellow plug will be the same, but I should have 2 airbag plugs one purple and one orange iirc plus the one to plug into the steering controls. For some annoying reason I bought the bag and steering wheel together but the guy took the leads off of it :S

Thanks
    Shane
  7. jb0o

jb0o North East Forum Moderator Regional Rep Site Sponsor

8P0 971 589 Q is the part you need for a dual-stage (sheild style) airbag. I've fitted to plenty using this part.

Thanks to Mike who told me originally ;)
  8. Shane.

Shane. Member

Ordered one of them now, Thanks for the advice :)