MFSW - After airbag part No.???

Pablo Pirate

Reaction score
Got myself a MFSW (4F0 419 091 DP WUL) a few weeks back and it looks the exact copy of my original but with the addition of the buttons. The slip ring and control module are all good, however when offered up my airbag fits in but doesn't line up with the Torx retaining screws.

So how can I find the part number for the above wheel? Or is it better getting another wheel with bag???

Thanks for any feedback.

Cheers Pablo

Got myself a MFSW (4F0 419 091 DP WUL) a few weeks back and it looks the exact copy of my original but with the addition of the buttons. The slip ring and control module are all good, however when offered up my airbag fits in but doesn't line up with the Torx retaining screws.

So how can I find the part number for the above wheel? Or is it better getting another wheel with bag???

Thanks for any feedback.

Cheers Pablo

It is quite possible that you bought a mfsw from an A4. The A4 airbag has a different fitting from the A3

Can you post a pic of the new wheel please ?

Just checked and that wheel is from an A6, A6 Avant or Q7 all 2009 -2011.

You don't say what year your car is but either way an A3 airbag will not fit.

I have a mfsw that will suit your airbag if you're interested.

By the way, how do you know that the control module and slip ring are all good ?

Hi Mike,
I've only just got the car - 57plate A3 170 DSG 3dr. So had it booked in at RK engineering for a service, retro fit cruise & to fit the wheel. They fitted the wheel but then noticed the bag didn't secure, I asked RK about the slipring and module. They told me all good bar the airbag. I shall up load a pic.

Cheers Pablo

Hi Mike,
I've only just got the car - 57plate A3 170 DSG 3dr. So had it booked in at RK engineering for a service, retro fit cruise & to fit the wheel. They fitted the wheel but then noticed the bag didn't secure, I asked RK about the slipring and module. They told me all good bar the airbag. I shall up load a pic.

Cheers Pablo

What year ? Sorry I'm an idiot it's 2007 !!! Does your wheel have paddles, if so the one I have will not do I'm afraid !

All ok but your airbag will not fit. It would probably be cheaper for you to get the right wheel rather than an airbag to fit the wheel you have bought !

Last edited: