1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

meyle hd control arms

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by swine, Jan 25, 2012.

1. swine

swine Member

anyone have any long term experience of meyle hd control arms. iv'e heard good and bad stories. anyone had these on for more than 30,000 or so. having a hard time deciding which arms to go for as the lemforder are alot more expensive.
  2. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics

I'd be interested in know the answer.

I fitted a set of Meyle HD arms to my B5 when ADI was on (what date was that?) and done a couple of thousand on them so far all good.
  3. BlackQuat

BlackQuat Well-Known Member

I'm interested too, i stupidly fitted the cheaper arms from eurocarparts last year...
  4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I fitted the useless cheap ones on my B5 which lasted a couple of months, then did the whole thing again using the Meyle ones from allgerman. The difference was light & day. I had them on the car for over a year before selling it and no problems at all, was about 18k miles. They should last longer than the originals (not saying much I know as the B5 seems to get through them faster than its tyres!). I also had 18" wheels which couldn't have helped
  5. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics

Meyle HD has a 4 year warranty on them I think.
  6. swine

swine Member

i suppose the warranty makes it an easy decision then:thumbsup: four years will cover me until i sell