Methanol

Adamj

Reaction score
Right my arm methanol kit is coming 😬... But my question is where so I buy the methanol? I seen 99% Virgin methanol is this the correct stuff? Or what do you guys recommend

You bought the kit, why did you not research which methanol to buy???????????????:busted_cop:

The easiest source is a local model aircraft/car shop.

Mine supplies 4.5l of 99%+ pure methanol for under £9.

Then you need deionised or demin water to a maximum of 50% methanol.

just a quick question. how many miles does a full water/meth tank supply for? im not sure if theres any amount variables in there. but say an average?

just a quick question. how many miles does a full water/meth tank supply for? im not sure if theres any amount variables in there. but say an average?

Lots of variables...

Which size nozzle(s) are used(large for >440bhp)
What boost level the WMI comes in it
What boost level it's maxed out at
How much time you spend with the WMI running etc etc

As a rough estimate,mine uses the large nozzle,comes on at around 0.8bar and maxes out at 2bar,and I average around 200 miles/wk driving around.

Much of that is off boost,and a 5L tank will last maybe 3-4 wks,but if I went on a long fast run,or a trackday,it would be used much faster.

Lots of variables...

Which size nozzle(s) are used(large for >440bhp)
What boost level the WMI comes in it
What boost level it's maxed out at
How much time you spend with the WMI running etc etc

As a rough estimate,mine uses the large nozzle,comes on at around 0.8bar and maxes out at 2bar,and I average around 200 miles/wk driving around.

Much of that is off boost,and a 5L tank will last maybe 3-4 wks,but if I went on a long fast run,or a trackday,it would be used much faster.

I didnt realise you could run the car with it turned off, i thought it had to be mapped in and could caus knocking if you run out.
Iv been reading up and watching videos of this and still learning lol.

Most people don't specifically map for it.
That means pushing the timing and means you are totally reliant on the system under boost.

You may not get the ultimate power you could get but it's totally safe.

ALSO, quick question this is going to sound stupid.

But this is road legal right? caus if it isnt, its a bit different to aftermarket HID's lol.

ALSO, quick question this is going to sound stupid.

But this is road legal right? caus if it isnt, its a bit different to aftermarket HID's lol.

Not in certain parts of the USA,although water injection is OK

Over here....seems to be fine as long as you notify your insurance company.

Over here....seems to be fine as long as you notify your insurance company.

Ahh right, thanks. I was trying to find some info on google but not much clear.

Is it worth getting a meth kit, for say an A3 running 265 bhp? is it useful for all, or just very high power?

Ahh right, thanks. I was trying to find some info on google but not much clear.

Is it worth getting a meth kit, for say an A3 running 265 bhp? is it useful for all, or just very high power?

To put it another way,increasingly useful as the power increases.

I'm not sure that I'd bother much under 400bhp,unless the intercooler is inadequate.