1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metalic or non metalic paint

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Obion, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Obion

Obion New Member

[Sep 30, 2004]

I would like your comments on the non metallic paint since I am planning to buy A3 sportback in Brilliant Black non metallic paint.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

[Sep 30, 2004]
    Any colour choice is personal to the buyer - if you like non metallic black then buy it. If you are considering the minimal difference in residual value when you sell, a metallic is always seen as being favourable (but then you HAVE paid more for it to start with /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif)
  4. Obion

Obion New Member

[Sep 30, 2004]
    Is the metallic one has better
    protection paint ??
  5. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

[Sep 30, 2004]
    Hmm, not sure I follow. If you are asking if metallics are stronger then I would say no, most new water based automotive paints and laquers are soft as hell...
  6. yak

yak Member

[Sep 30, 2004]
    am, pick the one you like more. There was similar discussion at Finnish VAG-forum and there some people preferred metallic (and also it could be a bit harder than non-metallic) but some (like me) took the non-metallic color just because it did look nicer.

Anyway, brilliant black and metallic black look different, I chose the brilliant black, since my car had to be black /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Pain in the ass to keep clean, but oh boy it looks nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

- Yak
  7. gizze

gizze Member

[Oct 4, 2004]
    Non metallic black looks stunning when clean, but it doesn't stay clean for long /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif