1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metalic or non metalic paint

Obion Sep 30, 2004

1. Obion

Obion New Member

I would like your comments on the non metallic paint since I am planning to buy A3 sportback in Brilliant Black non metallic paint.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

2. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

Any colour choice is personal to the buyer - if you like non metallic black then buy it. If you are considering the minimal difference in residual value when you sell, a metallic is always seen as being favourable (but then you HAVE paid more for it to start with /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

3. Obion

Obion New Member

Is the metallic one has better
    protection paint ??

4. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

Hmm, not sure I follow. If you are asking if metallics are stronger then I would say no, most new water based automotive paints and laquers are soft as hell...

5. yak

yak Member

am, pick the one you like more. There was similar discussion at Finnish VAG-forum and there some people preferred metallic (and also it could be a bit harder than non-metallic) but some (like me) took the non-metallic color just because it did look nicer.

Anyway, brilliant black and metallic black look different, I chose the brilliant black, since my car had to be black /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Pain in the ass to keep clean, but oh boy it looks nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

- Yak

6. gizze

gizze Member

Non metallic black looks stunning when clean, but it doesn't stay clean for long /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif