metal tyre valves

I would love to see the wheel weights that will be needed to balance the wheel after these puppies are fitted.

Reactions: Cambaines
surprisingly they dont affect balance, my old astra had them from the factory and wheel balance wasnt an issue, only reason i ask if they fit the a3 le mans allyos is because the le mans alloys have the wheel valves sitting in a bit further and have a lip around them. other alloys i have seen just have the valve

i already have those covers on mine from when i brought the car, didnt last long seem to have lost their chrome finish after a few months, hence looking for the metal ones,

Every time I fit fancy dust covers, someone nicks them after a few weeks, don't bother with such frivolities anymore.

Every time I fit fancy dust covers, someone nicks them after a few weeks, don't bother with such frivolities anymore.

I had a similar problem so I fitted the following which has done the trick so far touch wood, you can get different designs instead of the S as well. I know it's still possible for some low life **** to knick them, but they'll have to be carrying the right size alan key and it'll take them longer to remove.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ANTI-THEF...065688?hash=item281e00e018:g:kXUAAOSwtJZXVaZT

Just make sure you put some copper grease inside the caps before fitting otherwise you will find they will need cutting off after a few weeks of wet weather. Back to plastic dustcaps for me lol

Reactions: HHS3
Those caps are a better idea but knowing me I would loose the allen key.

Just make sure you put some copper grease inside the caps before fitting otherwise you will find they will need cutting off after a few weeks of wet weather. Back to plastic dustcaps for me lol

Cheers for the heads up, I fitted mine a couple of weeks ago so I will grab some copper grease at lunch.

Cheers for the heads up, I fitted mine a couple of weeks ago so I will grab some copper grease at lunch.
Personally I don't think you'll need any copper grease providing you're checking your tyre pressures regularly which you should be. Can't hurt though to put a little on I guess. ;)

I had to help a mate cut his off when they seized on, deffo use some copper grease on the threads, the salty winter roads ****** them up

Not disagreeing with you guys that putting copper grease on them is a good idea but I've never had a problem in all the years I've had metal or chromed valves on all my cars.

Personally though I check my tyre pressures regularly, at least twice a month so maybe I've never given them the chance to seize on as I'm regularly taking them on & off. ;)

Nobody will nick them that's for sure

Reactions: GMballistic

I went with these as all the other cheaper types wouldn't last too long with the crappy weather and salt on our roads in winter. These have been great and still look new after a year on the car. Unfortunately they are not anti theft. Luckily they haven't been swiped yet although somebody did nick one of my fog light grilles

^^ Fair play Burgo those do look mint but you must either be fairly wealthy or fairly mental to spend that much on dust caps! :blink: Lol. :D

Sorry no offence intended but just wow that's pretty expensive for some dust caps especially as there not even anti theft. Really hope nobody pinches those and sorry to hear some scum stole one of your fog light grilles.

No taken at all pal, I did think think that at the time I bought them two but then I figured why not I justified it by doing man maths that it was 7-10 quid for a set that generally only last 6 months before fading so if I get 18 moths out of them then I'm even lol

Reactions: GMballistic
No taken at all pal, I did think think that at the time I bought them two but then I figured why not I justified it by doing man maths that it was 7-10 quid for a set that generally only last 6 months before fading so if I get 18 moths out of them then I'm even lol
Ahhh good old man maths. ;)

The reason I always end up with performance cars is through man maths, ...if I bought a slower car then I'd only end up driving it harder to get where I'm going and cause things to wear more quickly meaning that it would be in a garage more often needing repairs & parts replaced than if I bought a quicker car in the first place. :D

Reactions: BurgoS3