Mercedes AMG Models

benw123

Reaction score
car_photo_209924_5.jpg

car_photo_209923_5.jpg

car_photo_209921_5.jpg

Time for some new marques then. What do we think of the CL63 AMG, and AMG models in general? Whether you like the cars or not, there's no disagreeing that they produce some unbelieveable engines these days.

Love these.. nothing to do with other vehicles outperforming or outhandling them for the money, which is surely true, it doesnt detract from these just having that certain 'something' ... sub zero for me..

Never been a Merc Fan
Friend is GM at a large centre so I have driven his demo's YES they are quick YES they look meanish and cool but they just don't do it for me, can't put my finger on it

Best friend had a C36 back in 1995 and that was OK but still I prefered the E36 4 dr M3 he had before

Still give it a COOL

Used to love BMW
Think I would rather a merc now over a BMW, personaly they have lost there style, street presants and wow factor they used to have.
Just too many of them around now

I own an AMG and its great! I have a slightly older `99 model and for me its the ultimate wolf in sheeps clothing, a lot of the new models have a lot of bling and for me its too much show, fast mercs where always about being understated, they would rip most cars but not shout about it. A lot of people say my black E55 looks like a taxi, they are right, it looks like every other 95-02 E class but thats whats great about it.

People will always compare the E55 to the M5 when they shouldnt, they are the same size/weight/performance but not the same car, I always hear "why didnt you get an M5, they are much more sporty" true, but when a car weighs in at nearly 2 tons and has that much luxury and ergonomics it will never be a sports car, the M5/E55 where always designed to be long distance cruisers at high speed, the merc is simply better at it. if you want sporty, get something lighter. if yu want to drive to Austria and feel like you have driven to the local shops get the merc, (ignore the £1200 in fuel to get there and back, and yes it was worth it,)

I get to drive a SL55 AMG at the weekends, its dads car but he just bought a lambo gallardo coupe, so get to drive the SL.

Its utterly fantastic. Its got an engine under it that will rip your head off, it sounds awsome and it definately turns head (it does when people see me driving it anyway)

Only critisism of the SL55 is that it is awful to reverse. It turns like an oil tanker when reversing, as i found out when i reversed it onto a mates flower bed and guaged the exhausts and battered the skirt. yeah he wasnt happy when i drove it on the drive way and explained it was the cars fault :racer: