Memory Card Reader

Nick_H

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've just bought a new A4 S-Line (first Audi), so after reading through most of this Forum have found you all to be very helpful!

One question that hasn't been answered (that I've found) is with regards to the inbuilt memory card reader. I currently have an 8GB SD card plugged in which works fine, but before buying an SDHC (or even SDXC) card, I was hoping someone could tell me definitively if it was actually going to work??

Cheers

Nick

Hi Nick,

I have the same system in my A3 05 plate.
I have had various problems with this system over the past few years not just with what cards will work but also what tracks will play. I have found that any card of 2gb or lower seems to play fine but I have 2 Lexar 8GB cards which won't. I personally think it's because they have too much information on them for the tiny computer memory to read but perhaps yours is a newer version (You said new?)

Another problem i had with this system was that the after a year or so when i put new tracks from new albums on the card the system failed to even acknowledge that they were there. No one at Audi could give me any information on this or idea if there would be a firmware update available in the future to potentially fix the issue.

Eventually I worked out that if I ripped all my music in 128kb (instead of what seems to be the standard 320 nowadays on the new albums) it read the music so i changed my whole library to 128kb and no problems since.

The above is by no means a definitive fix but it worked for me, you may not get this issue if you have a brand new system as the firmware should be relatively up to date and able to deal with it.

Cheers mate,

Yeh it's a brand new one (60 plate) although "registered" in 2011 which is always nice for future trade ins!!

I haven't had any problems with my system so far (apart from 2 songs wont play?? even when the rest of the album does - random!) Foolishly bought an aux cable to plug my iphone (with all the music on it) into the arm rest but then realised it wouldn't be controlled through the system and had to be controlled on the iphone itself (rookie error!).

Is there an easy way to get iphone integration through the arm rest or would it have to be in the glovebox?

Nice, what colour?

I can't answer the I-phone question as mine is the earlier version and doesn't have that option on it, sorry.
Does the system have blue-tooth connectivity? if it does you could try connecting the I-phone via blue-tooth instead, Her indoors has the same problem with her Ford, attach it by a cable and she can't control it but sync it via blue-tooth and she can. Worth a try!

With regard to the songs that won't play mine still does that but only on 3 or 4 songs out of a thousand or so, can't complain at that.

It's Monza Silver, I'll try and get some photos up asap. The bluetooth works a treat for the calling, but was hoping to be able to play the songs on my iphone through the same system as the SD card (plus charging the iphones wonderful battery!)

Haha, the battery LOL yeah I'm with you on that.

Have a word with Audi tech, there might be a way but they didn't have a clue when it came to answers on my system.

Good luck bud,

PS there is a whole thread for pics of your Audi, spesh the new ones. get those pics up dude.

SDHC - i.e. up to 32GB works fine since about MY2010.