1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Members area (region)

Discussion in 'Site Support & Announcements' started by concoursneil, Jul 31, 2006.

1. concoursneil

concoursneil Member

[Jul 31, 2006]
    Olly

Whats the chance of a members area broken up into regions so that we can see who on the forums are from our areas of the country..

Devon / Cornwall, Avon/Somerset , Dorset/Hampshire, Wiltshire,Yorkshire, East/West Midlands and so on , so if it comes to arranging meets it can be little easier .

Just a thought :beerchug: or shall i :tapedshut: :haha: :biggrin:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. Olly_K

Olly_K Administrator

[Jul 31, 2006]
    no its a good idea, I'm game for anything that makes ASN a better and more popular place.
    If I make those sections above, how what would I call them ? What would you post in those sections, or shall I divide the UK meets section up to make a main Section called UK meets, and then split the forums in there ?
    We have a frappr map, which shows you what people are where, not sure if that will do ?
  4. concoursneil

concoursneil Member

[Jul 31, 2006]
    Olly

Divide the Uk meets section up into regions sounds good idea ,then you can put a regional forum section for the events in each section so people can keep in touch of events that way.

If there are any National events that people would like to attend eg Edition 38, Trax, Audi driver international, Gti international and so on , have that as the main section , then regional ones off of that

Maybe as follows
    National Events::meeting:

Regional Events::meeting:
    England - East
    England - Midlands
    England - North East
    England - North West
    England - South
    England - South East
    England - South West
    England - Yorkshire

Ireland
    Scotland
    Wales
    Europe

Inside each of these sections, have Regional Events Forum:thumbs-up:

The Frapper map , is ok as long as people register to it , unless you can enter all members to it for us. or is there another way that you can put the members in regional areas by clicking a link to corresponding region and all members of that area will be listed maybe this type of map will be ideal for regional division

[​IMG]

This may have you all :confused::ermm::haha: :smile: :smile:but hope you get idea what im on about :smile:
  5. tracer

tracer '96 a4 1.8 se

[Jul 31, 2006]
    hmmmm, its a bit like england vs "the rest of the world" :friends:
  6. concoursneil

concoursneil Member

[Jul 31, 2006]
    :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

You can divide yours up as you like

Just like you want your own parliment :lmfao::moa::friends:

Ha ha let Olly know how you want division for Scotland
  7. madvw

madvw Active Member

[Jul 31, 2006]
    sounds like a good idea - i'm hesitant to use frappr, as it's kinda like asking for trouble.

Id say split down East of england further too from that map. It currently includes lahndun. Perhaps keep it as county? If theres not enough you could merge some, for instance norfolk/suffolk?
  8. Olly_K

Olly_K Administrator

[Aug 1, 2006]
    sounds good guys, I'll have a look at it a bit more in the next few days, my only worry is that we have quite a few sections anyway, and I didnt really want to add too much more and have the users scrolling down forever and a day. BUT I can keep the EVENTS/MEETS section and then have the proposed sections WITHIN the events/meets one, sort of like sub-sections. Hopefully some of the scots will be along to say how they want to be divided up
  9. OutLore

OutLore VOIP Dude

[Aug 1, 2006]
    AHEM!

[​IMG]

:tumble:
  10. tracer

tracer '96 a4 1.8 se

[Aug 1, 2006]
    i think one section is more than enough for scotland, was just havin a laugh. if there are too many sections we could end up with lots that have little or no posts in them. keep it simple to start with.