1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meh problems

Stu-pid Sep 15, 2013

1. Stu-pid

Stu-pid Member

Right then this weekend I fitted my new control arms and hid's in the process I found my plenum had some water in but not alot so I took out the grommets. Now when I turn my headlights on I get my dash looking like a Christmas tree. The abs light comes on flashing brake on the dis traction control light on. But all ok until I turn the lights on. It still drives fine. Any ideas or do I need to get it on vag com to have a look at it

2. AudiLeon

AudiLeon Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Lift the passenger carpet and check for water.

3. benjie

benjie Well-Known Member

The warning lights are a well documented issue. It's the ballasts on you your HIDs. I can't rememember the reason they cause it, but do a search on google or this forum for it and you'll find loads of threads.

4. Stu-pid

Stu-pid Member

That sounds more like because if I turn the lights on then start the engine I get no lights at all

5. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

its the ballast
    either cheap ****
    or its to close to the abs unit on the passanger side

6. Stu-pid

Stu-pid Member

Probably cheap, I've got them mounted under the headlight.

7. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Move them back up near the bulkhead, that often helps.

8. Stu-pid

Stu-pid Member

It was the passenger side one that was causing problems as I tested them as I was removing them from the car. Sold them to a mate at work for his mondy st